Main Menu

1971 Cuda Hellcat - Chiquita

Started by 71Cuda, February 24, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

71Cuda

Quote from: Topcat on February 25, 2018, 04:23:07 PM
When you get to this point ready to fire...keep this in mind.

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud/videos/hellcat-engine-problems
Thank you for the heads up. These folks here were using all the wiring and ecu directly from a car where both are different than the kit supplied by Mopar for the crate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

Is this an original 71 "BS" Cuda you're doing this to, or just a 318 Barracuda ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

This one is going to be fun to watch! 

750-h2

Quote from: anlauto on February 25, 2018, 05:50:42 PM
Is this an original 71 "BS" Cuda you're doing this to, or just a 318 Barracuda ?

Car is a true BS code 340 4 speed Cuda.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

71Cuda

BS Cuda and the motor and trans were long gone. I wouldn't do this to a numbers car.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Spikedog08

Sounds like it is going to be an awesome build!  I'm excited about it!   :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on February 25, 2018, 06:58:24 PM
What a waste :crying:

I think there will be 1 day, maybe soon, that Alan will be doing a Gen III Hemi resto. 

dodgemania

Mymcodebee

How long did it take to get your hellcat crate?  We ordered three working days ago and I have to go pick it up tonight at the dealership.. 
Crazy! 
They said they had 237 engines ready to go when I ordered!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Mymcodebee on February 26, 2018, 10:20:23 AM
How long did it take to get your hellcat crate?  We ordered three working days ago and I have to go pick it up tonight at the dealership.. 
Crazy! 
They said they had 237 engines ready to go when I ordered!

Remember the warranty starts when you pick it up...  I think the best approach is to do all the pre-work you can before buying the engine.... Kinda like Goody has done, running driving with a 5.7 so the swap is a fairly simple ordeal....

71Cuda

The new Dana 60 has been ordered and should take about a month thanks to Dr Diff. The transmission and all its glorious bits tid bits are ordered and will start to ship this week. Roseville Moparts is putting together a list of some other fun goodies I will be ordering like the RMS front end and other engine stuff.

As everything rolls in I will provide pictures and detailed installation notes for anyone who wants to read them.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

nsmall

You live in Carlsbad?  Hellcat Cuda.  Dang, you are living it up my man.

Make sure you find some good brakes and traction as its going to get hairy.  Im assuming you also have a large chest of money because I can only imagine the  :bigmoney: this will take.