Main Menu

1971 Cuda Hellcat - Chiquita

Started by 71Cuda, February 24, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on April 30, 2019, 12:15:33 PM
FYI The hood should also have a Plymouth emblem in the corner and all Cudas came with wheel lip moldings... :alan2cents:
I always love your 2 cents. Wheel moldings are waiting to on. I have the billboards and still debating to put them on or leave them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on April 30, 2019, 12:15:33 PM
FYI The hood should also have a Plymouth emblem in the corner and all Cudas came with wheel lip moldings... :alan2cents:

Except Real Hemicuda's   ;)    70 & 71

Some had em, but most didn't.

Topcat

71cuda love your car.

One of my favorite threads.    :worship:

ragtopdodge

For sale I guess.

For the princely sum of $160k.

:o

anlauto

This was a really nice build, I wish him good luck with the sale...It will likely sell quick. :twothumbsup:

Not sure where you read that $160K number, but that's likely what he has invested...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

I miss watching this build come together.  Sounds like he got the car going.   :bradsthumb:

71Cuda

Hey folks, she has been a blast to build and even more to drive. Thank you everyone for your support and help along the way.

Alan you are spot on about how much goes into these cars financially. I've kept detailed records along the ways and it's amazing how much all the little things add up. Silly things you wouldn't think cost all that much end up costing hundreds.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

Car looks great, post some better pictures of it  :wowzers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71Cuda

I'm rounding up all the pics and I posted a few just a few minutes ago on Facebook. Some of when it was on the rotisserie.

I took hundreds of pictures all along the way. I use a lot of them to help other installers of gen3's.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

nsmall

Thanks for remembering us.  I wish I lived closer as I would love to cruise around Carlsbad with you.  Congratulations. 

What about taking it to the fall fling in van nuys if its not sold by then?  Obviously advertising it online for a wider audience is your best bet.

303 Mopar

Quote from: 71Cuda on September 16, 2019, 07:45:11 PM
Hey folks, she has been a blast to build and even more to drive. Thank you everyone for your support and help along the way.

Alan you are spot on about how much goes into these cars financially. I've kept detailed records along the ways and it's amazing how much all the little things add up. Silly things you wouldn't think cost all that much end up costing hundreds.

This 1970 Plymouth Barracuda 6.4L Hemi 6-Speed got up to $75k on BAT just to give you a ballpark of what Resto-mods are, and it didn't hit the reserve.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-plymouth-barracuda-20/

anlauto

Not sure BAT is the best place to sell a car like that... (nice car though)  :drooling: .I think these type cars do best at the big auction houses  :alan2cents:

73TopBanana