Main Menu

1972 cuda seat reupolstery

Started by ricmunzy, March 23, 2020, 05:39:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ricmunzy

for like 20 years i have restored 3-5 ebodies a year but havent run into this one yet.. i HAVE A 72 CUDA  and the car was a giant rodent nest,,in other words rodent piss ate every metal object up to the windows and the seats were completely grinded up into nesting material..I have always been able to reuse the seat buns before and pad them..So now I had to buy pui foams and have had nothing but trouble..no technical forum i found separates the 72 from 73-74 and of course 72 is one year only=any one have or can direct me to a install video for the 72? the pui foams are crappy and the denim pulls come right out of the foam-the foam is ginormus and is leaving this ripple in the center of the seat- my hands hurt from trying different ideas and im giving up hoping for help here

anlauto

Is PUI the only supplier of 1972 seat foams ? Generally PUI, short for P-U Industries because their product STINK ! Absolute garbage is what my upholstery guy calls them. :alan2cents:

Does PG Classics, or Legendary Auto Interiors carry the 72 foams ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on March 23, 2020, 05:52:57 AM
Is PUI the only supplier of 1972 seat foams ? Generally PUI, short for P-U Industries because their product STINK ! Absolute garbage is what my upholstery guy calls them. :alan2cents:

I talked to my upholstery guy and he couldn't comment on the PUI covers, good or bad, since he's only used Legendary.  Wait a minute, that was me having a conversation with myself. ;)  I do all my own interiors here in house and have never used any other covers other than Legendary.  :yes:  I'm fortunate enough to have a big powder coating oven to "pre-heat" before pulling the covers over the frames which makes it a much easier and tighter fit.  I use to use a torpedo header to worm up the covers after hog ringing the cover to the listing wires, the oven makes it way easier. :cheers:

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on March 23, 2020, 05:52:57 AM

To answer my own question, I just checked PG's and LAI's webs sites and came up with nothing for 1972.  :'( It might be worth a phone call to Legendary' s tech line just to double check. I'm sure you're not the first person in this predicament. :alan2cents:

Also @ricmunzy welcome to the best E Body website in the World ! :welcome:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ricmunzy

dont know but since i have already modified the foam, i am stuck with these-was hoping not to set them on fire and start over...any tech videos out there to help was my question///

JS29

:welcome:  @ricmunzy  To the forum. Mike (HEMICUDA) has some great Idea's. There is a great group of members always willing to help.  :handshake: 

anlauto

I could only find this 1973 installation video...even then, they're not replacing the foams so it's really not much help at all. :huh:  I feel your pain :headbang:

ricmunzy

:verymad: not helping but high marks for trying...