Main Menu

70 Challenger R/T SE

Started by Dodgey1, April 09, 2023, 01:38:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dodgey1

It's been a while since I've posted here. Work has continued! I've finished the floor pans and tidied up all the bits that I came across when I sandblasted the underside and the engine bay.

Apologies for not posting a whole bunch of pics on the way through, but I thought I'd jump straight to the finished product from today. Underside is now all painted! I've used Raptor 2K - it's what gets used in bed liners over here quite often. Pretty durable and should handle stones being flicked up at it with no problem. Well, not much anyway ... Hopefully ...

Still have to paint the engine bay and then I can get her back on her wheels.

For the pureists out there, I know I should have left it just undercoated but I can't leave it like that  :)

usraptor

It looks great.  Unless your goal is a 100 point car restoration, I wouldn't worry about keeping the bottom side all OEM.  I've taken more than a few liberties with my restoration including now adding power steering to an original manual steering car.  'Course I'm keeping all the original parts in case a "purist" wants to convert it back when my family sells it after I'm gone.

Dodgey1

Engine bay painted (aside from the firewall - still some minor things (rust holes) to sort out there).

Outside is satin black, with body colour on all the interior surfaces.

usraptor

Car is really coming along. I envy people like you with fabricatiodn and welding skills that car do the repairs yourself without sending the car to a body shop.  :twothumbsup:

Dodgey1

Quote from: usraptor on January 21, 2024, 12:07:53 PMCar is really coming along. I envy people like you with fabricatiodn and welding skills that car do the repairs yourself without sending the car to a body shop.  :twothumbsup:
I try, just hope I'm not making too much of a hamfisted job of it.