Main Menu

72 Cuda Resurrection

Started by edison1970, September 18, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

I appreciate the offer but I already painted it. I have a question for you. When the sun heats up the grille, it tends to make popping noises. I assume that it is expanding. Is that common or do I need to make some adjustments?

nsmall

@HEMICUDA just making sure you saw the post above.  The Black AAR is looking great by the way.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: edison1970 on October 20, 2018, 06:46:27 PM
I appreciate the offer but I already painted it. I have a question for you. When the sun heats up the grille, it tends to make popping noises. I assume that it is expanding. Is that common or do I need to make some adjustments?

"Popping noises"?  I've never heard of that.

edison1970

Getting ready to remove my steering column again. I pulled the manual steering and installed a power steering box and power steering column.  The problem is I can't get the coupler on the box shaft enough to get the pin in.  It's about 3/16th or so short. Can anyone think of anything else to check before I  remove it to see if the shaft is compressed? I can't get the column any further toward the firewall.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

How thick is the firewall insulation you have on there?

edison1970

I cut away the sound material but it has a gasket from DMT.

edison1970

I pulled the column this evening.  Does someone have length of what the column shaft is supposed to be for power steering? Looking at the shaft, the plastic dowels look like they are missing.

edison1970

I'm good. Found it on another post.

edison1970

Really moving along with the project. I'm hoping to get the motor in the car over the next 2 weeks. I want to get the wiper motor installed but I need some feed back first. The 3 speed motor is apparently from a c body so I  need to clock the assembly to the correct location. Is there any proper way to do this? I  think I read it needs to be rotated counter clockwise.  Thanks.

edison1970

I finally fired the motor this weekend. I actually put the bottom end of the motor together over a year ago. I ran into some electrical issues that I think I can figure out but I wanted to see if someone might know from experience. I hit the key and the motor ran for a second then shut off. The only way to keep it running was running a hot wire from the battery to the coil. I was thinking to start with the key switch first. Also, my battery isn't getting a charge from the alternator. Any advise? Thanks
I wanted to post a video of the car running but the site wouldn't let me for some reason.

Brads70

edison1970

I tested and also replaced the ballast resistor. Still trying and testing.

nsmall

Keep at it.  Glad to hear all of the progress you are making.  electrical problems are always frustrating but you'll figure it out.  My ignition relay switch was no good but it wouldn't run so I don't think that's your problem.

Chryco Psycho

could be a bad ign switch in the column , does everything shut down in the run position ?
I don't have a picture of the clocking on the wiper motor handy sorry

edison1970

Update on where I'm at today. Fixed all of the electrical problems.  Running issue was a mix up with wires on the ballast resistor.  I still need to replace the oil pressure gauge and fix the tach. Going to do that another day. I did get the carpet in. I have to say I'm not impressed with the Trim Parts product.  It looks good but they didn't put enough material on the sides of the rear and the front did not fit well around the 4 speed hump.