Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Not an E BODY

Started by anlauto, July 01, 2021, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 31, 2021, 03:49:49 PM
Well I'm sure you could make some Brad, but I bought these from Classic Industries MN9501

Found these, I think this will work for my application?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LN04M0A/?coliid=I367MFXPFFXRAH&colid=19VPOK9OA0OCB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LMZQO2A/?coliid=IJ7HMF5D5VQA0&colid=19VPOK9OA0OCB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I was thinking I'll make a plate under the pedals but on top of the carpet, out of aluminum , sort of a skid plate if you will with a foot rest built in. Make lots of holes and use my dimple dies to make it stronger and for looks.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Not sure if I can see the difference. Lol.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

Thanks for the comparison shot....Like I said, I'm not crazy about the "2" in mine....but at least it's the same font as the factory "3"....and I certainly like it better then GYC's  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Got a bunch of holes welded up, bunch of new ones drilled, using my notes from the last car, I should be able to skip the "mock-up" stage........hopefully  :fingerscrossed: :haha:

Made some plates to mount the horns in the wheel well this time.....no rules right  ;)

Still waiting on a 4spd hump from AMD  :looney:

Tomorrow it's off to the media blasters to get naked  8)

anlauto

Last time the black Challenger was an original AC car so the area of the driver's vent box would be was a great spot for the new fuse box.

This car however is a non-AC car so it had a large hole there for the vent box....I thought about welding it up, then I just came up with the genius idea of making a plate with some riv-nuts that can be mounted in place just like the vent box  :D

anlauto

While mine is off for blasting, the body shop is starting to let the FC7 fly on the Hemi clone...Working from the bottom up... :haha: :haha:

Whole story and pictures here: http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/HEMIRAG.html

anlauto

Got my "long term project"  ::) back from the media blasters today and dropped it off at the paint shop... :banana:
You gotta like when there's no major surprises....and it sure makes my patch welding jobs look better too...

New tags arrived today as well, but you've seen them in the other thread....full of mistakes... :haha: :haha:

daaboots

Car looks SOLID! Nice staring point for sure.

71vert340

@anlauto . Alan, I have to ask this. How do you get all the blasting media out of the trunk extensions drop off pockets? I have found sockets, rags, wrenches, screwdrivers etc. in those areas and no telling what other people have found in their vehicles. Those are deep and the only access besides from the top is the drain plug hole at the bottom. Do you use a combination of blowing compressed air in there and using a vacuum cleaner. Just curious.
Terry W.

71340RT

Your making good progress on both cars. Will have to watch both come together.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

headejm

Quote from: 71vert340 on November 25, 2021, 08:50:09 AM
@anlauto . Alan, I have to ask this. How do you get all the blasting media out of the trunk extensions drop off pockets? I have found sockets, rags, wrenches, screwdrivers etc. in those areas and no telling what other people have found in their vehicles. Those are deep and the only access besides from the top is the drain plug hole at the bottom. Do you use a combination of blowing compressed air in there and using a vacuum cleaner. Just curious.
Terry W.

Fondly known as "The depths of hell".   :haha:

71vert340

Quote from: headejm on November 25, 2021, 09:12:50 AM
Terry W.

True enough. In one Challenger, it seems I found several 1/4" and several 3/8" drive sockets on both sides. They must have spilled a socket set and just let them roll around for awhile in the trunk.
Terry W.

70rag383

Quote from: headejm on November 25, 2021, 09:12:50 AM
Terry W.

I actually dropped my cellphone down that pocket two days ago. I was able to retrieve it but it was not easy!

anlauto

Terry W.

This new body shop I'm using puts the cars on a rotisserie, so I imagine they can flip it upside-down ? :dunno: