Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Not an E BODY

Started by anlauto, July 01, 2021, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 22, 2021, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 02, 2021, 03:03:56 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 02, 2021, 01:33:02 PM
Congrats! Great deal! Cool car! Are you actually going to keep it and drive it?
I noticed you don't " get attached to the inventory " like most of us do?
The plan is to license/insure and drive it....I don't think I will advertise it, but I'll keep it until someone wants to buy it...It will be more like advertising the different type of work that I can do...

Must be a Canadian thing.... To me when I say "Keeper" it means I intend to keep the car... Somehow Alan and Nick Panaritis (both Canadians) call something a "Keeper" it means "For Sale"...

I can't speak for Nick, but when I said "keeper" to me that means I intend on insuring the car, license plates and drive it as much as the good Lord allows....
...but I'll be the first to admit, that gets pretty old, pretty quick for me.... I don't enjoy the financial end of it either...I will have to pay $120/month for storage year round, plus like another $100/month or so for insurance...AND don't forget we can only use them maybe six months of the year...NOT TO MENTION....it's hard to justify having a $50K toy when you're up to your balls in debt  :alan2cents:

So, if I'm driving along someday and a crackpot offers me $200K for it, I will probably sell it...I hope that day doesn't come very soon, because I know I'll never find another 71 convertible for the same deal...

I've sold some pretty cool cars in my lifetime, of course I wish I could have kept them all, I think I would prefer to have had a dozen cool cars in my lifetime, then one ol' gal that I just can't let go of  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

$120 a month for storage?!  Wow!!  I was paying $300 a month for a 10' x 20' while I was building my garage!! 
But my insurance is only like $600 a year.
But I hear you.  Paying to store a car sucks no matter how much you're paying. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

dodj

Must be a Canadian thing.... To me when I say "Keeper" it means I intend to keep the car...
To this Canadian, it means I'm keeping the car until I can't drive....or perhaps give it to a son or daughter..

Alan and Nick are aberrations........ ::)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on September 23, 2021, 10:45:30 AM

Must be a Canadian thing.... To me when I say "Keeper" it means I intend to keep the car...
To this Canadian, it means I'm keeping the car until I can't drive....or perhaps give it to a son or daughter..

Alan and Nick are aberrations........ ::)

HEY....I had to Google that !!! :pullinghair:  That's not fair... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 22, 2021, 08:00:27 AM
Well certainly have me thinking!  So FE5CUDA drive up from Ohio and Anlauto drive down from Canada and it will be a lot easier for sure!
You sure you about that?... :rofl:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on September 23, 2021, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 22, 2021, 08:00:27 AM
Well certainly have me thinking!  So FE5CUDA drive up from Ohio and Anlauto drive down from Canada and it will be a lot easier for sure!
You sure you about that?... :rofl:

Sorry...borders are closed.. :haha: :haha:

Filthy Filbert

Must be a Canadian thing.... To me when I say "Keeper" it means I intend to keep the car... Somehow Alan and Nick Panaritis (both Canadians) call something a "Keeper" it means "For Sale"...

Everything is for sale!   Mike Ross said he was never going to sell his 440 6-pack survivor cuda... until some dude in the middle east called him up and offered him a "stupid amount of money that I could not say no to"

mccannix

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on October 12, 2021, 07:12:42 AM

Everything is for sale!   Mike Ross said he was never going to sell his 440 6-pack survivor cuda... until some dude in the middle east called him up and offered him a "stupid amount of money that I could not say no to"
True...but sometimes things come full circle.
Mikes Cuda is in a container coming back from the middle east, soon to dock, so he's getting his "keeper " back...at a deal he couldn't refuse.
Nicks "keeper" was just that but I suppose if I got offered close to $80 K for a hemi motor, 4spd trans and Dana, I might let that 'keeper' go as well.
Plus since the Hemi convertible that motor was out of has long been destroyed, it helped in that decision.

Filthy Filbert

He's getting it back?  That's funny, and awesome at the same time.

Does he still host get-togethers at his shop? I haven't been up there in probably 5 or 6 years, once I fell away from Moparts, I guess I lost track of whether he was still doing them occasionally

anlauto

The "other" convertible, the 426 Hemi four speed clone is coming right along...it should be FC7 purple by December... :D

Metal work and body work are done, high build primer went on today... :banana:

70rag383

Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2021, 12:49:16 PM
The "other" convertible, the 426 Hemi four speed clone is coming right along...it should be FC7 purple by December... :D

I thought you were tired of doing plum crazy?  :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: 70rag383 on October 15, 2021, 01:32:03 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2021, 12:49:16 PM

I thought you were tired of doing plum crazy?  :dunno:

OH yes...I'm way past being tired of purple... :tired: :'(

FUNNY STORY: This guy, the car's owner, had his heart set on red with white interior etc....apparently his Dad had a red 71 Cuda back in the day yadda yadda yadda.....but this car is an original FC7 car (318 Barracuda) so he thought he was doing a "disservice" by painting it red.....I thought I had him all straightened out and settled on RED.....I even wrote it down in my notes during the initial meeting...then his wife came in.... said "NO" to red, and that it had to be purple....so from that moment on...FC7 is what SHE wants, so FC7 is what SHE gets... :crying:

RED is so much easier...and nicer in my opinion.. :yes:

dodj

Happy wife...Happy life...
The guy probably made a smart decision with purple.

larry4406

With all these verts going thru your hands, please photo document any quarter panel conversions and the grafting of hard top to vert upper belt line piece.

anlauto

These two 71's don't need quarter panel replacement, but in the past I've used panels from Ken H. or had my metal guy Keith Sim just convert hardtop panels in the same fashion :alan2cents: