Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Rolled another one out....

Started by anlauto, November 05, 2023, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on November 06, 2023, 06:36:36 PM
Beautiful cuda.

The side shot from down low is perfect, it looks so mean.    :inlove:

I like how you don't notice the exhaust....I didn't realize how nice of a job they did until I was looking at the pictures myself  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: larry4406 on November 07, 2023, 03:10:11 AM
Very nice Alan!

I scrolled thru your photo album.  What does Picture 35 show?  Reinforcement plate for where the Dana 60 snubber hits?

So YES, the original plan for this car was to be as "correct as possible" OE Stock clone of a 426 Hemi, 4speed, Dana 60 Cuda convertible.
Adding all the little details like the pinion snubber reinforcement plate, was just part of that plan...

Now the car has a 727 auto and an 8 3/4 rear axle
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on November 07, 2023, 04:28:12 AM
Quote from: anlauto on November 06, 2023, 08:08:33 AM
The seats are 100% stock 70-71 E Body leather seats  :twothumbsup:
Betcha when the new owner carves a few corners he or she will be looking for seats with a little more support. Stock seats look nice but they are crap at keeping you in place while you drive.

Nice looking car Alan!  :bigthumb:

Couldn't agree more, but a lot of people hate the seats I put in my car...

cuda hunter

Looks great! 
I do like how the exhaust is unnoticeable.
Definitely prefer that battery in the trunk. 
Super clean looking!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

larry4406

Alan - where did you get the Dana snubber reinforcement plate?  Any pictures with measurements showing proper position?

On the leather seats, I recall reading that the foam was different between standard and leather seats. Any details on this?

anlauto

Resto Rick sells the reinforcement plates for the springs and the snubber on his site, but also in his eBay store https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144539507697?hash=item21a739dbf1:g:ZcsAAOSwhdhic9Dd

Most seats that have different patterns have different foams...you have to make sure you buy the right ones. :alan2cents: