Main Menu

A.G.A.R. YEEEEE HAW !!!!!

Started by anlauto, November 10, 2021, 12:39:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Okay, I know it's not a 69, but it is an orange Charger with a number on the door... :rofl:

Been a while since I've played with a B Body, but this just came in today...

What's a guy to do when your 16 and your favorite car of all time was your Dad's 1970 Charger R/T....why just...... wait 40 years and build a clone of it of course....but well you're at it.....you might as well make it nice to drive....

This original "U" Code R/T (thought to be an RT/SE but no documentation) is going to get quite the transformation...
Starting with the colour....
Going to be white, with a black vinyl top, black interior and a black butt stripe...

392 Crate Hemi
A41 4speed auto with overdrive
RMS Altercation front and rear suspension
Cipher Seats
Vintage Air
Dakota Digital
Nu-Relic PW
17" YearOne Rallies
Probably stuff I'm forgetting...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

Missing the front. So might as well make it a 69 if that is what the owner wanted.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

Quote from: 7212Mopar on November 10, 2021, 12:52:41 PM
Missing the front. So might as well make it a 69 if that is what the owner wanted.

No, the car is complete, I pulled it from a restoration shop where they had started dismantling it, but the owner pulled the plug and sold the car to my customer. Fenders and hood are mint actually :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Brads70

" Looks" pretty solid? I guess after the sandblaster it will be clearer?

mccannix

Its likely an RT/SE judging by the dash.
I could be wrong but I always thought Charger RT had the pebble finish dash bezels while the RT/SE got the woodgrain.....unless thats been changed out.
Ouch !! on the door...is that a fix or are you going to need a replacement door

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on November 10, 2021, 02:22:57 PM
Its likely an RT/SE judging by the dash.
I could be wrong but I always thought Charger RT had the pebble finish dash bezels while the RT/SE got the woodgrain.....unless thats been changed out.
Ouch !! on the door...is that a fix or are you going to need a replacement door

Yup....also has the "pockets" on the door panels, pedal dress-up, hood turn signals, belt moldings....SE sail panel emblems....Just No sheet or tag to prove it...The fate of that door is to be determined  :thinking:

ledphoot

Awesome cars. I love the chargers. The 1968 Charger R/T would be my favorite non-e-body Mopar, 69-70 are very close behind. Call me weird by I even like the '71 B-Bodies. Mopar made so many cool cars, they were so much better than the Chevy / Ford stuff IMHO, Cuda, Challenger, Road Runner, Charger, GTX, all frickin' sick and beyond anything from the competition at the time. Even the A-Body Dart / Duster were better than their competition.

Can't wait to see how this thing turns out. Should be cool from the sound of it.

jimynick

Alan, about that door. Watch some of "the man of steel" videos on YT. He's a PDR (paintless dent repair) tech and the things he can do may give you some direction in your repair/replace decision. There are some good guys in the TO area and it may be a consideration that would work for you. Good luck.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on November 10, 2021, 07:15:15 PM
Alan, about that door. Watch some of "the man of steel" videos on YT. He's a PDR (paintless dent repair) tech and the things he can do may give you some direction in your repair/replace decision. There are some good guys in the TO area and it may be a consideration that would work for you. Good luck.  :cheers:

I think the body shop will handle it "their" way, whatever that might be.

70rag383

My favourite year for the Charger. Going to be a great build!  Not going with the Tremec 5 or 6 speed? 

anlauto

Quote from: 70rag383 on November 11, 2021, 03:03:13 PM
My favourite year for the Charger. Going to be a great build!  Not going with the Tremec 5 or 6 speed?

Guy wants an automatic. Ordered the programable A41 4speed overdrive auto from Silver Sport Transmissions  :burnout:

dodj

Soooo......you gonna showboat this one?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on November 13, 2021, 04:42:27 AM

Nah....not sure what you mean exactly....but this E Body site doesn't need me touting a big ol' B Body on here.....it will be on my web site for a few people who like to follow along....

I'm picking up another new complete ground up restoration tomorrow from the Windsor area....that, I will post some pictures of, but again...I'm not going to bore people with a lengthy build thread....they all look the same after awhile  :rofl: :rofl:

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on November 13, 2021, 05:09:44 AM
Quote from: dodj on November 13, 2021, 04:42:27 AM

Nah....not sure what you mean exactly....
On another thread you mentioned that some people don't like you 'showboating' your services...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

I'd like to see this thread as someday I'd like to own a B-Body? I also enjoy seeing something different. But I realize this "IS" an E body site.
That being said maybe I shouldn't post about my Javelin.... :notsure: