Main Menu

A partner for the Challenger.

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, June 27, 2024, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Ok, starting a restoration of my Toyota 1984 SR5, 4wd, Extra cab, 22R, that I bought new in 84 of course. Over the years I have messed with the paint, rattle can, 3 times which has helped to preserve the metal. Not much rust. 299,000 miles, sunroof, 5 speed. Couple pics below, one plain as I painted and one as she will look after a real painter does his job. The decals and such already bought, along with new carpet, grill, etc, which willl put her back to how she came from the factory.

Now I know this isn't a Mopar, but we all need a side pro!

Cuda Cody

Burdar

I think a lot of people fell in love with those after Back to the Future came out.  Good luck with the resto.  Keep us updated.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Just for some info.... the finished pic is not mine but that is the way she came from the factory and that is the way she is going to look again.

That finished pic came from a website......Bring a Trailer.........that truck sold on their lot for over $23000.    Not that mine will be worth that but to me its just trying to get back to close to original as I can. 

BIGSHCLUNK

I guess your one of the lucky ones. Around here those boxes rotted off the truck right before your eyes. BIGS like!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Working on the Challenger a while back proved to me to dive into this redo with no reservations.  So this is a few of the steps done so far.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

This one will prove to be a lengthy one.....

IMNCARN82

Hey those are cool!! And in my favorite color combo !! Gonna look great!! 
round tail lights forever !!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Little more and found the 1984 window sticker..don't have any idea why the pricing isn't on there too.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Further destruction.....  getting deep....

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

These pics are of most of the interior parts. I am still not sure about the dash. It's covered with vinyl and reconfigured to allow the vent inserts to still fit. The door panels are vinyl insert. The back wall is covered in carpet that matches the floor when it's time to install. Waiting on some elastic cord to arrive to reinstall the two netting pouches on the back wall .All the parts have been painted with Sems color coat. The truck is still in the shop, but I have time.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Got the right elastic cord in and repaired the back wall panel.

70_440-6Cuda

What a neat project, and so cool you bought it new!  Going to be awesome!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....