Main Menu

AGAR...TX9 Six Pack ...GOOD BYE....

Started by anlauto, June 16, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Metal work is all done, now it's off to the body shop....
First attempt at lining the panels went well....as it should, the only replacement panel on this car is one door skin ! :rubeyes:

Check out my website for more pictures... http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/TX9Vcode.html
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Working today on the door and quarter window regulators, tracks and hardware etc.....There's over 50 bolts that need to be cleaned and treated ready for a quick re-installation  :)....can't wait
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

larry4406

Alan - nice pictures and layout for reference!  How do you clean and refinish your hardware? Looks freshly plated on my phone.

76orangewagon

Alan,
Looks great as usual, do you have a source for replacement of the door rod cloth coverings ? I would like to replace mine once they are back from getting re-plated.

anlauto

Thanks guys...
#1 Bolts are just wire wheeled one at a time, washed and painted flat black....I found this real cheap paint that goes on thin and doesn't build-up affecting the threads or chip while tightening. Looks a lot like black phosphate but won't rust.

#2 I've never replaced the cloth covering, but I would look into the antique auto market area.....I've seen it before at a flea market, not sure what purpose it had, but was very similar.

larry4406

Thanks Alan.

How do you refinish the regulators?

anlauto

All that stuff in the picture is just washed with varsol and will be greased up again once installed.

RUNCHARGER

That's what I do too. Do you use the lube that comes in stick form Alan?
Sheldon

anlauto

I just use a white grease, then once together I spray all the moving parts with lots of Krown F40 letting it seep into the bottom seam of the door as well.

larry4406

anlauto

Member kdcarman flew in from Chicago today to check out the progress....Seems Adam and the boys at Boothill Auto are moving right along....the body is basically ready for final blocking and paint.....Won't be long now :fingerscrossed:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Oh yea....this one too ....

Paint work has started on this black beauty as well...

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon