Main Menu

Bit of work to do

Started by F8R/T, May 17, 2022, 01:08:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

F8R/T

The car got used as a wedding car for one of my daughters friends. Down here we use white ribbon for the wedding car.
The Charger has done 3 weddings and about 6 formals for the kids.

F8R/T

Rest of car painted,looking good.

jimynick

As an old school bodyman, I shook my head when I saw the pic of the fender's interior! Jesus, I can't imagine how much time with shrinking, hammer/dollying, filling and filing. Nice work and if you weren't in the trade, you could be! I also really like your Charger and the colour works fabulously with these cars! Good on ya mate!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

F8R/T

Mate you need a lot of patience with these cars, Mechanic by trade but learn't body work with my uncle's body guys when i was real young. Real old now.

cudamadd

Nice coming along nicely looking very good .hats off to you for doing the body work should be a great stable mate with your charger cheers :australia:

318Stroker

Can you retain the left-hand drive on the car, or does it have to be converted to right-hand drive?

jimynick

Quote from: F8R/T on March 22, 2023, 08:28:52 PM
Mate you need a lot of patience with these cars, Mechanic by trade but learn't body work with my uncle's body guys when i was real young. Real old now.

LOL! Too true in all regards! We're like opposite sides of the same coin. I was trained as a bodyman who comes from 3 generations of mechanics and nearly went down that road as well. I think we both realize how handy that cross training is, eh? Roll on mate and show these young whippersnappers how the old guys do it!  :cheers:

F8R/T

You can keep them LHD as they are over 30 years old.

F8R/T

Picked up the car and it's home .12hour round trip and was a bit tired . Car looks great but i have fix the hood pin holes cause they are in the wrong position.Some people should leave things like this alone but i can fix this myself and repaint the hood later.A few pics of the car on the trailer.

YellowThumper

Looks stunning. Congrats on bringing it back this far.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

70_440-6Cuda

SOOO jealous!!!!  I LOVE the color.......my first Mopar - 1969 Barracuda Formula S 340 4 Speed - was very close to that color.......

cant wait to see it finished
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

cudamadd

Looks great beautiful colour enjoy  :australia:

jimynick

She's a beauty, but now the re-assembling without making a mark begins! Roll on, you're making us all jealous!  :bigthumb:

F8R/T

Mate i am like a cat on a hot tin roof, don't want to scratch the paint.

YellowThumper

Quote from: F8R/T on April 06, 2023, 09:01:19 PM
Mate i am like a cat on a hot tin roof, don't want to scratch the paint.
Plenty of tape in working areas. Also using plastic stretch wrap works well to prevent abrasions. The thicker wrap for palleting.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.