Body work

Started by cudamadd, October 22, 2022, 03:53:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Body work please bear with me .

cudamadd

cudamadd

cudamadd

Painted  but the wrong colour . Not the PPG  and colour we had agree on SO CUT A long story shot way to much yellowish they did a spray out but I am can not explain what happen .I had them paint in the door jams in lime light fj5  but when it came out of the oven it was just crap .  Not sure if you will see the difference in colour .

cudamadd

This next photo should show it

cudamadd

cudamadd

In this last picture.  I was going to put the car back together. But as you can see the colour difference. And this is one of the reasons it went to the body shop in the first place .  I could not live with it so it's getting gone all over again . :australia:

torredcuda

Before reading all of your posts I was going to comment that they should have done a spray out but you said they did. Not sure why the color difference but I can only assume the batches of paint were mixed separately and obviuosly did not come out the same. Baking should no effect on the color, either it was off when mixed and whoever did the spray out is color blind or they didn`t get full coverage. Base/clear or single stage?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

cudamadd

Colour blind you can say that again ,as soon as I walked into the oven it hit me What the  xxxx I said

cudamadd

ebodyproducts

Quote from: cudamadd on October 22, 2022, 05:30:47 AM
Single stage

Sucks about the mismatch...  What brand paint did you use?
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

71vert340

That's terrible that the mismatch occurred. When I paint my vehicles, I get at least 1.5 gallons of color. Sometimes, 2 gallons. I then mix the gallons together to ensure that both gallons are the same tint. I have also requested the shop mixing the paint to do this but I'm not sure they do. I've been told not to do this as another gallon may not have the same tint. That's why I order so much extra color. If I make a mistake, not a problem.
Terry W.

YellowThumper

Wow that is a huge difference.
Sucks but respray is the necessary evil.

Was at a show recently. This car was exquisite. Perfect in every way. Then I walked away enough to have sun show the panel to panel issues...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.