Main Menu

Dash gages still not working after installing new and voltage limiter

Started by Cudadon1, September 04, 2018, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudadon1

Installed new gages installed new voltage limiter new wiring installed a separate ground wire to dash but nothing but alternator works. It's a 1970 ralley dash. Checked new gages before installing and they worked. Checked oil pressure in my new 383 and have 80psi. Any one know what could be wrong.

dodj

First check I would do is see if you have 12vdc to the limiter.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @Cudadon1   :welcome:  Do you have a photo of the back of your rallye gauges before you installed them?  What wiring hardness are you using?  Can you tell us more about your build?  Is this a complete restoration or did the gauges work and you just replaced them with all new ones?

Cudadon1

I checked and have 12v to limiter and 5v out but when I install the wire with the 3ends to gages I then have 0v at the limiter. Need help driving me insane as to why.  Any one explain what's wrong. Trying to finish this long build of a 70 barracuda as it started as a bare shell of a car. The VIN of bp23noe100723 and all stamping are original and fender tag with car.

Cuda Cody

Cudadon1

All new wiring installed were from classic in Huntington Beach CA. Found a site that said I needed to take the gages back out and somehow install a spacer to elimate the gages being grounded to the cluster does that sound right? I didn't see anything around the old gages after taking them out. So do the gages need to be insolated from the dash to work?