Main Menu

Dynacorn 6000wt project

Started by Jay Bee, January 30, 2021, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

It's home.
Once I get the USB drive I'll see if there's any further interesting pictures on it to add here.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

RUNCHARGER

I bet you slept in it last night! Looks good.
Sheldon

Jay Bee

Assembly is moving along. Had the odd hiccup: !/4 window adjustment, chasing grounds and now this latest one...

The treaded nut on my rear seat belt brackets were both 7/16 x 14, not the 7/16 x 20 bolt thread. With some painstaking effort I did mange to run the proper sized tap through both holes. The picture was taken before I started re-tapping those. As said before , my expectation was too high on reproduction parts.  :haha:

:thinking: Should I let AMD know

YellowThumper

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 17, 2021, 05:33:12 AM
Assembly is moving along. Had the odd hiccup: !/4 window adjustment, chasing grounds and now this latest one...

The treaded nut on my rear seat belt brackets were both 7/16 x 14, not the 7/16 x 20 bolt thread. With some painstaking effort I did mange to run the proper sized tap through both holes. The picture was taken before I started re-tapping those. As said before , my expectation was too high on reproduction parts.  :haha:

:thinking: Should I let AMD know

Yea it is amazing (and frustrating) how many of the simple items are not properly addressed on repo parts.
Just purchased some bump stops for my front end and the bolts were metric. Wouldn't necessarily have been an issue if it was all inclusive. They did not provide the metric nuts to go with them.
They then hit the dumpster... :pullinghair:

Overall yours is looking good.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Jay Bee

It was pointed out that I didn't mention that the car's on the road. Assembled and driving around the end of May. I should have taken pictures of the inaugural drive but I didn't. These were the first 2. Driven 1,209 miles to date, it feels like a new car.

anlauto

I love the white on white....all white look...very clean.. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

jimynick

Wow, that looks great John! I'll bet all the lads who have a car in paint jail are pretty envious of the turn around time here; not to mention what looks to be the nice quality of the repair! Good on you for driving it, too, but you must be getting dust all over the chalk marks! LOL Enjoy, man.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

1200 miles, good job! A few of us will have to get out together later in the summer. I'll be gone until mid August.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70rag383

Great looking Barracuda!  Would love to see this one in person.

anlauto

Quote from: 70rag383 on July 04, 2021, 09:11:59 AM
Great looking Barracuda!  Would love to see this one in person.

I just did, it looks even better in person :bigthumb: