Main Menu

Dynacorn 6000wt project

Started by Jay Bee, January 30, 2021, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on February 17, 2021, 07:30:45 AM
I hope they swap out the spare tire bracket for the correct convertible one  :bigthumb:

Yup, they're well aware of that. I reminded them over and over. The only other stuff being reused (besides part of the wheel house caps) are the jack brackets & hook IIRC.

Jocigar

Wow, these guys don't mess around.   looks great !

jimynick

"They have it slid up in there (please @jimynick don't go there)." No worries John, I'll try to not make you blush. BUT (no pun intended) it DOES look fab and I can't help but think that the old gal will be as good, or better, than new, and that must make you happy! It'll be grand to see the car when the lads have finished with the tin work!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

I just found this thread, not sure how I missed it. Looks like it's coming along well.  :ohyeah:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Welding in the Dynacorn piece started yesterday and they're 130 hours in as of the 17th. I'll be living off mashed potato sandwiches and tap water for a while.

anlauto

What did they tell you up front as far as how many hours it MIGHT take ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on February 18, 2021, 12:12:21 PM
What did they tell you up front as far as how many hours it MIGHT take ?
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned but I don't remember, probably because my mind didn't want to. All the little surprises and add-ons weren't counted in when we first discussed doing this either.

They did a 59 Studebaker with front & back collision damage that the owner took apart and would re-assemble. One of the guys  said that was a $20k job. I asked the owner if that's what I was looking at and he said no - but that was before we decided to paint the whole car and fix previous "restorers" snafus.

It's going to be what it's going to be and I'm getting the friend hourly rate.

RUNCHARGER

130 hours around here would be $20,000 already. They're around $150/hr in these parts.
Sheldon

Jay Bee

My rate isn't that high but I'm prepared to surpass that 20k mark. Like someone mentioned in another thread, those dreaded "why nots".

JS29

Look at it this way, You could not replace that car for twenty thousand dollars.  :alan2cents:

Jay Bee

:yes:

jimynick

Looks like the old gal is getting a proper restoration there, John. Gauging by their patch work, this isn't their first rodeo, and I'm glad that your car is in good hands!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Yes: It's looking better than new.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration