Main Menu

Kent G 1970 Challenger R/T Trackpack Resto...

Started by kent_goins, February 19, 2017, 11:49:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

thanks to all for your comments and yes I have tried to contact family members but they seem to be highly dysfunctional. I will make another attempt soon just to shut that door. Also...no build sheets anywhere in the car. Searched top to bottom. Was hoping to find them in the seats

JS29

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 19, 2017, 10:40:23 PM
LA car... going to be slim chance of finding a build sheet.  :alan2cents:
:iagree:  that seems to be the consensuses

ec_co

I found one in my LA build .... for another /6 Barracuda @ 200 down the line ......   :dunno:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

kent_goins

Just an addition to the continuing saga of my 70 Track Pack Challenger rebuild process. I am 90% done and made some calls yesterday to folks around the country trying to get any added information on the history or missing fender tag. I had all but given up with Chrysler Historical, family members of the deceased owner who will not answer emails or return phone calls, Colorado motor vehicle division who says they have all the past information about the car registration and it's owners but will not send me any info due to federal laws prohibiting past owner info disclosure, etc...

Super lucky strike as I ran across a friend in Iowa of the deceased past owner (small world). He and I were both equally shocked when I mentioned I purchased a orange challenger out of West Chester Iowa in 2004 and he said sounds like a car my old friend had years ago. The more we talked, the more he said that is my friends car...Let the games begin. We spent an hour discussing all the history and talking old times. Sometimes we get lucky. Now I finally have a direct contact with the previous family and have sent many pictures to them to start the dialog. Still no fender tag but many mysteries were revealed in our discussion and I am much closer to closing the saga of the 1970 Challenger RT story.

Cheers,
KG

RUNCHARGER

That's positive news. Man, even an old photo would be awesome.
Sheldon