Main Menu

My 1970 440 Challenger is going back togethor!

Started by redgum78, September 07, 2017, 07:15:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

redgum78

Scored a near perfect front guard for my Challenger!

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

redgum78

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 08, 2017, 05:33:30 PM
Nice! Not so easy to find there I bet.

Very hard to find good original panels. I actually got this from a Mopar restoration shop. I went there to buy a repop panel but they were out of stock. I think the guy felt sorry for me because I had traveled a fair way.

Chryco Psycho

redgum78

Sticking to the theme of "just getting it done" I got it in undercoat and then top coat. It won't be winning any prizes for best paint but it is sealed up and now actually has a chance of getting re-assembled.

xx88man

Car is looking good. And so quickly! I'm thinking I may have to go the same route with my Cuda.... just get it painted so I can get it on the road. Parts are very expensive
:bricks:
Keep yer foot in it

redgum78

Quote from: xx88man on November 04, 2018, 04:54:10 AM
Car is looking good. And so quickly! I'm thinking I may have to go the same route with my Cuda.... just get it painted so I can get it on the road. Parts are very expensive
:bricks:

Thanks mate, To quote David Frieburger "done is better than perfect"! it wont look completely Roadkill but I really have re-assessed what I want out of the car.
Yes totally agree with you about the parts and the costs. Just a case of doing the best you can with your budget and looking at it longer term.

Cuda Cody

Exciting time!!!   :veryexcited:  Keep up the good work.   :ohyeah:

redgum78

Thanks Cuda Cody,

Couple more pics;

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Looks good and it's all sealed up now. Time to stay up nights and get it assembled.
Sheldon

redgum78

Kids helping with the insulation install!

I had to make a applicator roller, can you believe both my local hardware places didn't have one.

I also got the heater box stripped and cleaned out. I went through the whole thing, leak tested the heater core, stripped and lubed up the blower motor, tested all the actuators and doors. My phone when flat so I didn't get any pictures of the heater box apart.

It feels good to be finally putting this back together even though it is a battle finding all the bits.

340challconvert

Redgum
Nice progress on the Challenger since I posted you last year.
I am just starting the cutting the quarter panel patch panels for my A66 Challenger vert
Your quarter panel replacement on your car- Came out GREAT
The car in paint looks good.
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible