Main Menu

Mystery clip on rear axle

Started by Mrbill426, April 20, 2021, 10:37:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

I wasn't sure where to post this question but since it is part of our restoration I'll ask it here.  It's been eight years since I removed the axle and I failed to take a photo at the time  :-[.   Before I put it back under the car I am puzzled about the clip on the front of the right side tube... what am I missing?  :notsure:

Burdar

1970 only e-brake cable design.  Doesn't the right side cable attach there as it runs to the drivers side?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

Ok to be clear is this a 1970 only housing that may have been swapped into my 1972 car along the way or did they just not remove that clip for the later years?  The gear set is date coded late 1971.

Quote from: Burdar on April 20, 2021, 11:01:48 AM
1970 only e-brake cable design.  Doesn't the right side cable attach there as it runs to the drivers side?

anlauto

I don't think they were in a hurry to remove that clip, I've seen it lots of times on 71's
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

@anlauto thanks... just closing the loop.  Good to go then  :bigthumb:

Quote from: anlauto on April 20, 2021, 02:33:45 PM
I don't think they were in a hurry to remove that clip, I've seen it lots of times on 71's