Main Menu

Replacement fuel lines delema

Started by Mrbill426, May 25, 2019, 11:17:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

I have visited the websites of the two fuel line suppliers that I am aware of, Inline Tube and Finelines, and unless I am blind I cannot find a listing for the fuel lines I have specifically the vapor line.  The 'Cuda was built in April of '72.  I find the 5/16" feed line no problem but the vapor lines they list don't match mine.  It is a two piece 1/4" vapor line that leads from a "box" mounted in front and above the gas tank up to the charcoal canister.  All the vapor lines listed are 5/16"... wrong and  the 1/4" lines listed as "return" lines... wrong again.  Do I have a odd one here? 

Thanks!
:wrenching: 

Rich G.

Inline tube list 1/4" vapor line for a 73. I would think it's the same . The Right Stuff makes lines also.

Mrbill426

That's got to be it.  Maybe not all '72 cars had a 1/4" vapor line; mine seems to have been built during some mid production year changes.  Right Stuff calls it a return line but the picture looks right.  None of the line clip "sets" that are offered are even close to what was on the car so I guess I'll have to find individual pieces to order. 

Thanks Rich.
:wrenching:

Quote from: Rich G. on May 25, 2019, 01:30:37 PM
Inline tube list 1/4" vapor line for a 73. I would think it's the same . The Right Stuff makes lines also.

Chryco Psycho

You should contact Dave @ Roseville , he should be able to supply the best parts for your car & offers a discount to site members  :twothumbsup: