Main Menu

RESTORAG ...HAPPY CUSTOMER

Started by anlauto, August 26, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on December 14, 2017, 09:39:17 AM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on December 14, 2017, 08:21:05 AM
When you do a car with moderate rust how long does the body shop usually take to get it done?

I split the two jobs...I have one shop do the metal work/rust repair and another shop do body and paint.
I currently have four cars in four different shops getting painted....and one car in the metal shop.
My main shop usually turns out body and paint in about 10-12 weeks. They've done 19 cars for me and have the 20th right now.
I've had them done in as little as 5 weeks as well.

This is the first time I've used the shop this red car is in because my other shops refused to paint over someone else's body work (refer to the start of this thread)
:unbelievable: That's fast!

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on December 14, 2017, 10:01:29 AM
When you do a car with moderate rust how long does the body shop usually take to get it done?

I split the two jobs...I have one shop do the metal work/rust repair and another shop do body and paint.
I currently have four cars in four different shops getting painted....and one car in the metal shop.
My main shop usually turns out body and paint in about 10-12 weeks. They've done 19 cars for me and have the 20th right now.

This is the first time I've used the shop this red car is in because my other shops refused to paint over someone else's body work (refer to the start of this thread)

I've seen shops on TV turn out whole cars with a three week deadline, so my guys really need to pick up the pace  :steamingmad:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Wow Alan, having 5 cars going at the same time is mind baffling to me.  The organization of all the parts and all the other details that need to be done for each car!   :stop:   :notsure:   

We need to be better friends!    :cheers:   :worship:  :worship:  :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on December 14, 2017, 11:20:51 AM
Wow Alan, having 5 cars going at the same time is mind baffling to me.  The organization of all the parts and all the other details that need to be done for each car!   :stop:   :notsure:   

We need to be better friends!    :cheers:   :worship:  :worship:  :worship:

Well thank you.....but it's actually seven cars on the go....I have another Challenger waiting to go into a body shop and a 70 Runner partially assembled waiting for the owner to save more money...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

My paint jobs are no where near the quality of your work Shane :worship:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on December 14, 2017, 11:59:50 AM

My paint jobs are no where near the quality of your work Shane :worship:

Thank You!!!

anlauto

Here's what I was working on today....

Spikedog08

That's awesome Alan!  Beautiful as always!   :ohyeah:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on December 13, 2017, 11:07:38 AM
Little bit of an update...after sitting in another shop for eight years.....I've finally got paint on the car after only having it about three months....I can only imagine how happy the owner is :banana:

3 months? What happened? :rofl:

anlauto

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 16, 2018, 08:12:36 AM
Little bit of an update...after sitting in another shop for eight years.....I've finally got paint on the car after only having it about three months....I can only imagine how happy the owner is :banana:

Six other cars in the way :pullinghair:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2018, 09:39:55 AM

Oh, you painted it?

anlauto

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 16, 2018, 10:28:36 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2018, 09:39:55 AM

Oh, you painted it?

No I don't paint the cars, I outsource that. I currently have 4 cars in 4 different paint shops getting painted and all coming back very soon.

It took three months because my shops are quite busy....

Spikedog08

I think when he said "you painted it". He meant the rear end you were working on . . .  :dunno:

anlauto

Blue on Monday.....Red on Friday.....Kinda busy around here.....

They just need to finish the assembly and do a final cut/polish and I'll be getting this car back too....likely another two weeks  :o

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on January 26, 2018, 04:46:53 PM
Blue on Monday.....Red on Friday.....Kinda busy around here.....

They just need to finish the assembly and do a final cut/polish and I'll be getting this car back too....likely another two weeks  :o

Black on the rad support?   :notsure: