Main Menu

SAD Day at A.G.A.R.

Started by anlauto, June 04, 2017, 06:25:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I'm assuming you recovered some of your money with the parts that were purchased. 

Do you have recourse for the lack of payment?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Way I read it Alan got paid....

"Because the car was here on a bond which had expired, I was able to get the broker involved and with fear of heavy Government fines, the owner paid his bill and removed the car from Canada. It finally left on Friday."

The guy just couldn't keep up with the bill & work stopped....  Some people plan their budget for the typical three to five year resto but Alan gets things done much quicker.... You better have your cash on hand when you send a car to AGAR...

Then again maybe his plan was to follow through but some major life event got in the way, health, family matters, legal issues, loss of employment.... They all trump a hobby/car budget....

It's an unfortunate reality of working on luxury items, needs are greater priorities than wants....

RUNCHARGER

True that. Alan is great at following through getting a car done. Things do happen in life so you can see how probably no one was in the wrong but unfortunate stuff happens. The customer my friend is involved with is just plain a flake but that probably isn't the case here.
Sheldon

JS29

Agreed that some sort of situation can come up, But the customer should keep the line of communication open and not disappear or ignore the man altogether!!!! man up and be honest is the best way to handle things.       :-[

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 06, 2017, 08:15:33 AM
True that. Alan is great at following through getting a car done. Things do happen in life so you can see how probably no one was in the wrong but unfortunate stuff happens. The customer my friend is involved with is just plain a flake but that probably isn't the case here.

And this guy could just be a flake too, we have no idea...   

cuda hunter

somehow I missed that.  Thanks
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

The worst part was the lies....As I said.....I'm a very understanding guy ...if he had of said "Hey Alan I need a break...I'm short of cash this month...or I'm getting a divorce..." or something I could stop working on it...but he didn't .

I would send him an invoice at the end of the month and he would email right away saying "payment has been sent"....I would check my bank every hour for a week and nothing....I email him and ask.....his answer The bank must have messed up....I'll send $10K now".....another week...nothing....this went on for five months :pullinghair:

I had a deadline of March 31st, so stupidly I let my mechanic keep working on it and the debt just got higher ...I had to borrow money to pay my guy and sit on the interest until buddy paid me  :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on June 06, 2017, 09:49:15 AM
The worst part was the lies....As I said.....I'm a very understanding guy ...if he had of said "Hey Alan I need a break...I'm short of cash this month...or I'm getting a divorce..." or something I could stop working on it...but he didn't .

I would send him an invoice at the end of the month and he would email right away saying "payment has been sent"....I would check my bank every hour for a week and nothing....I email him and ask.....his answer The bank must have messed up....I'll send $10K now".....another week...nothing....this went on for five months :pullinghair:

I had a deadline of March 31st, so stupidly I let my mechanic keep working on it and the debt just got higher ...I had to borrow money to pay my guy and sit on the interest until buddy paid me  :crying:

That changes everything & it completely Sucks.... Sorry to hear about it.... I've dealt with that on one resto & it's a big part of why I don't do resto's any more...

RUNCHARGER

Oh yeah, 100% flake. He should have kept up to date and then stopped work and sent you $$$ to pay the storage costs. No excuse.
Sheldon

RusTy/SE

Quote from: anlauto on June 04, 2017, 06:25:31 AM

This is a very sad day in my opinion, because I really wanted to finish the car. 98% of the parts were purchased, the mock up stage was finished....all it needed was body and paint and re-assembly...

Yep. I understand - from the other side. My avatar is a pic from the day my car moved from shop to storage unit back in 2010.

That could not have been a fun series of communications, glad further actions did not become necessary for you.

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

TobiasM

Sad to hear, Alan...and I can understand how you feel... just from the other side:

I am a superreliable customer paying all my bills and keeping word in every way, but I still haven`t received my cars fendertags from the seller of my Challenger (Terry Bradley from Terrys Musclecar Garage in Winder, GA)...all I hear(ed) is empty promises.  :barf:

Cuda Cody

Anyone here know Terry Bradley from Terrys Musclecar Garage in Winder, GA?  Maybe we can help by talking to him or someone that knows him.

Quote from: TobiasM on June 08, 2017, 01:47:50 PM
Sad to hear, Alan...and I can understand how feel... just from the other side:

I am a superreliable customer paying all my bills and keeping word in every way, but I still haven`t received my cars fendertags from the seller of my Challenger (Terry Bradley from Terrys Musclecar Garage in Winder, GA)...all I hear(ed) is empty promises.  :barf:

anlauto

Sad to hear, Alan...and I can understand how feel... just from the other side:

He probably doesn't have them :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Same story from the restoration shop that did my Cuda for the previous owner.  They said they had them in a box and would get them shipped to me.  That was 3 years ago.   :bricks: