Main Menu

Second lease on life 73 Challenger.

Started by Rdchallenger, December 16, 2017, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

No real updates to give. Got the trunk pan, extensions, and supports welded all in and now just patching some holes here and there in the inner wheel house before mocking up the rear quarter with clamps.

Rdchallenger

Starting to look like a car again on one side at least lol... Also soooooo many clamps.

Marty73

Looks so much like my project - only difference I knew what I was getting into when I bought mine

The journey is the most fun! But those days sitting at the cruise in will be nice too....

:cheers:
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Rdchallenger

Hey all quick update. Changed the title of this since it's no longer a horror show. Plus the more I thought about it the more I realized I was giving this car a second chance. Especially since it was Swiss cheese when blasted as well as not being a desirable year. I feel most would have just parted it out and cut their losses.

Anyway back to the work. The driver side quarter is pretty much done, not welding it in though until the passenger side is all fixed and mocked up that way in case anything needs to be adjusted for both sides.

Also took a little break from the Challenger though this weekend to fix some rust on the bed of my '84 F150 it's old man tan and I love it that way since I have a 302 that will be getting dropped in it in the future to make it a nice sleeper. Didn't turn out half bad with some spray paint after expoxy to seal it.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Rdchallenger

Haven't posted in quite awhile. Work has kind of slowed on the Challenger during these colder winter months. Since it's above 35 today though I figured I'd pay it a visit. Just setting in gaps to my liking checking and rechecking before disassembly again to start paint.

Rdchallenger

This may give some people a panic attack. A little painting epoxy primer then undercoating in the elements  :banana:

jimynick

Good for you and it's looking better and better! Keep it up, you're on the downhill side now!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Rdchallenger

Quote from: jimynick on May 29, 2019, 07:58:04 PM
Good for you and it's looking better and better! Keep it up, you're on the downhill side now!  :bigthumb:

Thank you very much, still trucking along slowly but surly. Going to hit the inside of the quarters with color tomorrow so I can start the welding process...

Funny thing is now I'm having second thoughts on the color of the car. I've been thinking "Go Mango" for months, now that the time has come, I'm starting to look into "Green Go".

nsmall

Color choice can be tough.   Make sure to get it right the first time.  Both are excellent choices. 

dave73

Picking a color is so much harder for mopars because of the color keyed engine bay. Chevy guys can change the outside pretty easily without pulling the motor and all

Rdchallenger

Decisions decisions lol.

I forgot that "Green go" in 70 is lighter than what Dodge brought back for 2017... Part of me wishes I would have said the new style but then I think the price is probably astronomical just to mix since it's new and uses a different formula.

Rdchallenger

Some fresh Green Go and clear for your entertainment.

Chryco Psycho

I always liked Sassy , there is also Snake Skin green !!

Rdchallenger

Look Ma, no clamps!!!! Welded it up and is all solid!! Going to epoxy under the new panels, seam seal, and paint over the weekend.  :twothumbsup: