Main Menu

Applying full body stripes to 1974 barracuda

Started by smilinbluheart, May 28, 2018, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

smilinbluheart

Does anyone have the measurements from the body lines for applying a full body stripe on a 1974 barracuda.  I have the stripes but I do not have any instructions on how to apply.
thanks,
smilinbluheart

bluespruce

smilinbluheart

JS29

Yes welcome, some one should know the answer to your question!!! 

anlauto

Been a while since I did a 73-74 stripe. I believe quality stripes like the ones from Performance Car Graphics are cut out for the door handle ? :thinking: If yours are...there's your starting point.

When striping an E Body with longitudinal stripes ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS start with the door piece making sure it's level with the mid line. If the door handles aren't cut, I believe the bottom of the main stripe is level with the bottom of the lever part of the handle. A little Google searching will show you what I mean.

Once the door is done you can proceed with the quarters and fender making sure the stripe is level. They should never "peek" at the door.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

Welcome  @smilinbluheart   :welcome: 

Sorry we don't have the Technical drawing for the 74 Cuda yet.  If someone finds it would be great to add it to our site.

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/cuda_challenger_tsb_specifications_engineering_illustrations_drawings/

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada, Alan has got it.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

Welcome to the site ! (Don't forget to drop a dollar in the jar at front door).  :D
    I like the 73-74 side stripe much better than the 72 stripe. So much so, i might just put them on my 72 car.   :o

RUNCHARGER

I really prefer the 3-4 stripe over the 72 as well.
Sheldon

nsmall

72 stripe is better.  Sorry.  Thats coming from a guy who owns a 73.

Smilinbluheart, do you need more instructions like what tools to use?  Are you happy with the advice or do you need more?

Welcome and feel free to introduce yourself and share some car pics.

:welcome:

Neil

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: That's why we like the old cars! They each have personality.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: GY3R/T on May 28, 2018, 08:41:04 PM
  Welcome to the site ! (Don't forget to drop a dollar in the jar at front door).  :D
    I like the 73-74 side stripe much better than the 72 stripe. So much so, i might just put them on my 72 car.   :o

Couldn't disagree more there, I'm not much of a 73-74 side stripe fan myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

CudaMoparRay