Main Menu

E body 4 speed full floor pan

Started by mauls, June 22, 2017, 07:28:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mauls

Does anyone sell a full floor pan with a 4 speed hump/cutout?  All I could find on AMD's website is the floorpan, and the 4 speed piece individually.

Thanks in advance

jimynick

That's the way they come. Even from the factory they cut the auto floor pans for the 4 speeds. I just removed the hump and cut the old piece of the floor out and laid it on the new, scribed it's outline and cut the hole to match. Bit of a PITA, but not a big deal really.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

mauls

Quote from: jimynick on June 22, 2017, 07:41:01 PM
That's the way they come. Even from the factory they cut the auto floor pans for the 4 speeds. I just removed the hump and cut the old piece of the floor out and laid it on the new, scribed it's outline and cut the hole to match. Bit of a PITA, but not a big deal really.  :cheers:

Thanks!  just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything out there on the interwebs!  :ohyeah:

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Yup, just have to cut them out.  It would be nice if they came pre-cut, but it's not to hard to cut them out.   :wrenching:

1 Wild R/T

When you do the cut out be aware of the trans/torsion bar crossmember... The factory left the floor intact over the crossmember....

anlauto

:iagree: It's actually two holes not one.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BFM_Cuda

I would like to know how they cut it originally; pre-stamped during assembly, air saw, torch, etc...   they must of had some sort of template or instructions..    :thinking:

anlauto

Most likely a separate stage in the press line. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

jimynick

The cuts in mine didn't appear to be press cuts. They most resembled a plasma cutter cut but I don't think they had that tool then. They kinda appeared to be hand cut as they weren't perfectly straight or even. Who knows?  :notsure:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

rftroy

Does anyone have the factory engineering drawing with instructions for the cutout?
Bob
70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red

rftroy

I took a look at my uncut AAR today and measured where I could reach.  Trans is in car.

There was only about 1/4 inch from the edge of the hump to the edge of the cut floor pan.

Anyone think that there was actually a template, or that assemblers were given some training and instruction to cut floor for the four speed hump, and it came out in varied shapes depending upon who did it?
I will start with an inch inside of the hump tracing for now.

Bob
70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on June 23, 2017, 07:34:21 AM
:iagree: It's actually two holes not one.
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 23, 2017, 07:11:55 AM
When you do the cut out be aware of the trans/torsion bar crossmember... The factory left the floor intact over the crossmember....

Here is how I cut the floor on my '70 Cuda when I converted to a 4 spd in May.

anlauto

Here's the shape of the holes:

RUNCHARGER

Thanks Alan: That edge looks quite tidy doesn't it?
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200