Main Menu

Best correct shade paint for emblem?

Started by JH27N0B, May 29, 2018, 09:06:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GY3R/T

JH27NOB.  Are those emblems thicker on the bottom ? Kinda looks like it in your pics. I'd like to know if they are possibly different than Hood call-outs. Maybe check part # if/when you remove them to refurbish.

1 Wild R/T

I had a 70 with them... And I've seen plenty of them..

anlauto

That's wild...I've never noticed that before :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

unlike Barracuda - the bulge twin scoop hood was never an OPTION on the base Challenger (or SE) - STANDARD on R/T or "RALLYE" & included with 340 engine/package (360 for '74)

the "383 FOUR BARREL" was a fender emblem VS. "383 MAGNUM" for a hood

JH27N0B

Quote from: GY3R/T on May 30, 2018, 07:36:12 PM
   JH27NOB.  Are those emblems thicker on the bottom ? Kinda looks like it in your pics. I'd like to know if they are possibly different than Hood call-outs. Maybe check part # if/when you remove them to refurbish.
Yes they are, and no these emblems were never installed on the hoods.

GY3R/T

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 02, 2018, 08:55:03 PM
Quote from: GY3R/T on May 30, 2018, 07:36:12 PM
Yes they are, and no these emblems were never installed on the hoods.
Wow ! Very cool ! I love it when i learn something new!!  Great pic . Thanks for sharing !!! :handshake:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

I repainted my hood emblems using insignia red by testors. Then seal it with semi gloss clear. Otherwise it will dull quickly.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill