Main Menu

1971 Cuda 340 original side mirrors .

Started by Manuel, July 18, 2022, 10:16:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Manuel

I'd be interested to know if it they were optional on both sides and if you could order them chromed finish or painted as ever you wished.

I purchased my car in Guatemala with about 1500 miles 3 years after production and it had a chromed side mirror one just on the left side.
Recently decided to put one on the right side and had to purchase both at Classic Industries since they were a little different but was told they are a precise replica of the original ones.
Mechanic at the shop says original were painted and not chromed.   ??  Dont think he is right.

anlauto

No, you could get one only or you could get two, you could get them painted or you could get them chrome....."have it your way" :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

There were 3 optional mirror combos besides the standard round mirror. The G codes would be on  the fender tag if you had an optional mirror

LH Manual Chrome round - standard
LH Remote Chrome Racing - optional G33
LH Remote Chrome and manual RH Racing - optional G33 + G31
LH Remote Painted and manual RH Racing - optional G36

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Manuel

Was the racing option a little more rectangular with a bit of flat top?

My car had it that way, not remote and just on the left side.
Since I wanted one on the right had to changed both to the style sold at Classic Industries.

They state they are an exact replica of the original ones.

anlauto

These are the correct 1971 "racing" mirrors for an E Body. Painted or chrome they are both the same shape. Only the LH is remote.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Manuel

Thx Anlauto.

The exact ones I bought now as a pair.
Would have made more logic to me to have the remote for the right side but maybe installation was too complicated.

Well, maybe the original owner of my car changed this kind of side mirror on the L side for the little more rectangular one.
I dont have it here to send a Pic but will try to do it in the future.
Now I have the correct ones.

6bblgt

Quote from: Skdmark on July 18, 2022, 01:18:05 PM
There were 3 optional mirror combos besides the standard round mirror. The G codes would be on the fender tag if you had an optional mirror

LH Manual Chrome round - standard
LH Remote Chrome Racing - optional G33
LH Remote Chrome and manual RH Racing - optional G33 + G31
LH Remote Painted and manual RH Racing - optional G36

:iagree:

for the 1971 E-body model year - painted racing mirrors were available both sides ONLY, sold as a pair & I'm not sure ALL colors were available ALL year