Main Menu

T/A and AAR Side Mirrors

Started by erik70rt, February 22, 2021, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Could you opt for Chrome side mirrors on the T/A and AAR?  Or were they all painted as part of the package?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Skdmark

They are part of the A53 Trans Am package.

Trans Am package = T/A 340 Six Pack & AAR 340 Six Barrel only. Power Front Disc Brakes, 11″ Rear Drums, 8 3/4 Axle w/ 3.55 Ratio (opt 3.91), Sure Grip, LH Remote Painted Racing Mirror, Hood Pins, Rear Spolier, Side Exhaust, 26″ Radiator w/ 7 Blade Torque Fan, Fiberglass Hood w/ Fresh Air, Rear Radio Antenna when Radio ordered, Rallye Suspension, Front & Rear Sway Bars, Black Trans Am Stripe, Collapsible Spare and E60 & G60x15″ Ployglas Tires
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Interesting question...You only got one painted mirror as part of the package....I'm not sure if you could have ordered two chrome mirrors...I suppose it could have been an extra cost option...Never say Never with Ma Mopar !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

the painted driver's side remote racing mirror was part of the "A53" TRANS AM package
a matching painted passenger side mirror (non-remote) was OPTIONAL

I have not seen a T/A or AAR with a documented factory installed chrome side view mirror

anlauto

Yea, I don't suppose it would be too popular...Especially when ordering a new car, I can't see someone insisting on "chrome" mirrors after having to pay extra just to get a passenger side mirror :bigmoney: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rdchallenger

Not to hijack anything. But would you have all preferred a passenger side mirror or just keep rocking the driver side?

Skdmark

If it would have been a daily driver, then I would need a passenger mirror. Makes parallel parking easier.

My Barracuda has the DS chrome remote mirror, it's been okay for me. My wife would prefer driving it with a passenger mirror.
My Challenger originally was DS manual. Prior owner add cheapo mirrors, so I changed them to painted racing mirrors when I got it 30 years ago.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

xx88man

I drive my car and I miss not having the passenger side mirror. I will be adding it.  :alan2cents: :alan2cents:
Keep yer foot in it

erik70rt

Thanks!  My car currently has chrome mirrors and am debating on whether to switch to painted or not.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.