Main Menu

73 Cuda grill paint

Started by nsmall, August 18, 2017, 09:14:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

@Burdar

I see Roseville, yearone, herbs, and others like totallyautoinc.com sell the argent grey in the can.  My main grill looks great, but it looks more glossy vs factory correct.  As for the lower grill it has some minor imperfections.  I dont care about OEM correctness, I just want perfection....which can really get out of control sometimes.

Long story short, I think I might be insane I even want to paint these two pieces, but if I do, any recommendations and/or pics out there?  Sorry, but this rookie is a rattle can only man.  I want something that will last so maybe I should lay down some clear coat?

@Brads70 Brad are you happy with the argent paint you bought from Roseville?  Could you share some pics?

Thanks.  I notice there is dark and light argent.  I would prefer dark, not sure it there is a major difference.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Burdar

The Totally Auto argent is really your only option for a spray can. Krylon used to make a textured shimmer paint that was supposed to be really nice but I don't think it's made anymore. You want the dark argent. The light argent is really light. I would spray a matte clear over it for protection.

nsmall

Thanks Darren.  I would like to see a sample of the dark argent as my grill and lower grill have some custom paint on them which I like, but I have no way of knowing what it is.

Thanks again

Burdar

...or you could have it painted body color and do the V21 hood blackout treatment.

Brads70

Yes I'm rally happy with the paint from Roseville! I agree it's the dark argent that you want.
I bought 2 cans of each.
Here is a post on what I did with some pictures for reference.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/-cleaning-up-a-argent-1970-challenger-grill/69/

Brads70

Quote from: Brads70 on August 19, 2017, 02:54:29 AM
Yes I'm really happy with the paint from Roseville! I agree it's the dark argent that you want.
I bought 2 cans of each.
Here is a post on what I did with some pictures for reference.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/-cleaning-up-a-argent-1970-challenger-grill/69/