Main Menu

70 challenger hood insulation pad

Started by 70rtse, December 15, 2022, 02:25:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70rtse

Hi any of you guys used these hood insulation pads whith clips.
Any pictures of one installed and do they hand down much.

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/mopar-e-body-70-74-barracuda-challenger-hood-insulation-pad-metal-clips/

headejm

DMT is great to work with and very responsive to emails. I'd send them an email and ask what their customer feedback is. I have not seen a DMT hood pad but all of the other aftermarket pads are worthless.  :alan2cents:

JH27N0B

I forget who my pad was from, but I'm happy with it.  Maybe it was REM? Mine came with plastic clips.  I've had it on the car at least 5 years and it's held up fine.
There was a thread on Mo'farts a few years ago where a poster was getting irate the pads on the market now are not manufactured the same way as original. Originally they were molded in mold or something and the repro ones are not. The cost to tool up such a mold for the size of the market there is for them is cost prohibitive of course, but that poster would rather do without a pad than put one on that wasn't a perfect repro. Just saying that to give a heads up no perfect solution exists unless you found a perfect used or an NOS one.
Jim's stuff tends to be as good as you'll find.  :ohyeah:

anlauto

I just installed this one last week with the metal clips, went on easy actually, I think it was REM ... My customer supplied it, otherwise I would likely try DMT's. Like others have said, his products are the best on the market :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

There are times reading posts here are dangerous for my wallet.   This is one of "those" posts.  After reading it and some deep consideration (maybe 2 minutes), I placed an order for an insulation pad from DMT.  I showed up on my doorstep 2 days later... so amazing still given all the supply issues elsewhere.   

I bought the pad to keep some of the heat off the hood paint.  I've made a habit of lifting the hood when I get back in the garage for the same reason.

With a copy of Alan's picture handy (thanks for that), it went in easily, with 3 metal clips left over from the center of the hood where there are no mounting points.  My only nuggets of advice on the installation are to keep a flashlight handy and start from the middle mounting points and work your way out so you can get a good look at holes for lining up the clips. 

anlauto

Quote from: Dakota on December 21, 2022, 04:57:47 PM
...advice on the installation are to keep a flashlight handy and start from the middle mounting points and work your way out so you can get a good look at holes for lining up the clips.

...exactly  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparLeo

Isn't the O E pad pre-molded ? That looks like a flat piece of insulation.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...