Main Menu

70 Challenger Paint Color Choice Help

Started by challengermaniac, April 29, 2019, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

challengermaniac

Hey guys, 

My 70 Challenger is currently painted Plum Crazy and while I understand it is very popular for some, it never worked for me.  It doesn't have a Trim Tag, so I don't have an issue with a paint change and I just got a great repaint quote that I can commit to come Fall! 

It has a Black VT with a Black Interior which will both stay.  My dilemma comes from having owned both a B5 Blue and a Metallic Bronze Challenger in the past and I loved both of them, although my easy decision color would be the B5 had it not been that I also have a 69 Camaro in Lemans Blue. 

So, will that be too much Blue in the garage and therefore best to go with the Bronze or what?  And no, the gal does not come with the Bronze Challenger in case anyone was wondering!

Thoughts?

Pics attached for reference only.
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

anlauto

You could try a darker blue like B7 or a lighter blue like B3  :dunno:

Whatever you do just stick with a 1970 Dodge colour  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

The top picture looks like FK5, dark burnt orange. witch looks good when fresh and clear coat applied.  :1place:

Rich G.

I had that problem with to many blue vehicles. Now I have to many green ones! I'd go with something completely different if I had the option.

Cuda Cody

Can't go wrong with Blue on an E-Body... that color always looks good.  I prefer orange and purple.... well, I pretty much love all colors on E-Bodies!  :Thud:

jordan

You have some high class problem!   :console:  If you like blue cars, paint it blue.  I agree with Alan: the darker B7 looks great on an E-body.  It should be different enough from you Camero that it won't be the same color.  I think the blue will give you better resale in the future over the burnt orange too. 

Or.......  paint it limelight! 

"Don't brake until you see God!"

BIGSHCLUNK

I don't find green to be a problem...  :haha:

superdave

Wow, That's a personal choice. The top of my list would be purple, the bottom would be black but black with a black vinyl roof probably wasn't on your list ::). As mentioned the bronze or burnt orange color might hurt resale if that is of concern but I really like that color personally.  I tend to agree with the darker blue over a lighter blue. Gray is pretty sweet too.  :alan2cents: That really didn't narrow it down much. 8)
    Dave

dave73

Are you pulling the motor and painting the engine bay as well? I'd think so if it's purple and you're doing a color change?

70 Challenger Lover

My favorite has always been Go Mango orange. Nice and bright. It looks amazing with a black top, stripes, interior. Hard to go wrong with the look unless you just don't like orange of course.

72 Challenger

I will throw out some that I love but my first love is always purple.

1. Alpine White I have never walked past any mopar that I think didn't look great in white. With the black top and the black interior... :wowzers:
2. Teal P6. I saw a T/A (could have been a clone) in this colour and fell in love.
3. Butterscotch. not a 1970 colour but I love it. I tried looking hard to find a Duster/ Demon in this colour.
4. Gun Metal/ Platinum A4. Don't turn your nose up at this colour it looks fantastic.
Someday I will have a J0b.

nsmall

Gun metal grey :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:  Not sure its a 70 color, I know it is for 71.  Modern, subtle, yet gorgeous