Main Menu

71 Cuda rear taillight bezels restoration

Started by 440ehigh, December 28, 2023, 12:14:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

440ehigh

Looking into restoring by tail light bezel. I know they sell reproductions but rather keep originals.

Is there anyone that does them. Or any tips on taping them off for paint. What's the process

anlauto

You mean the chrome bezels ? I clean them best you can, file down ant heavy pitting. Then I paint them flat black with several coats, then when it's tacked up, just use a razor blade to take the paint off the chrome areas that show. If the chrome is no good, then you're wasting your time unless you send them out for re-chrome which by then it would be cheaper to buy new ones
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

440ehigh

Sorry for delayed response don't seem to get notices when there's been a reply. But yes the chrome bezels the chrome is decent have an access to a cheap chrome guy just needed to figure out paint. So no taping

Xghobo

Those are pot metal, most chrome guys won't do that work as they have to solder any pits before plating or you will just have chrome with pits. If your guy fixes that let us know as I have a set I need chromed.