Main Menu

Underhood blanket recommendations please

Started by Mickm, December 05, 2018, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mickm

Hi Guys and Girls,
I was going to look at making a under hood blanket but I believe there may be something out there that I will like.

I have heard something is available from fiberglass, plastic, form fitted material, etc...

Would you mind weighting in with recommendations or pictures of what you have. I had the plain flat original....not for me.

Thanks in advance,
Mickm

Daveh

GoodysGotaCuda

I bought from Detroit Muscle Technologies and like it. He sent it flat [not rolled] and without the air cleaner cutout [I don't need it with a Hemi swap]
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mickm

Cuda Cody

Why not just buy from Dave at Roseville?  Looks like the same product as on ebay and Dave is going to be less.  Plus you know he'll stand behind it.   :alan2cents:

benlavigne

Don't forget to buy 20 clips to hold it in place, at a couple bucks each...
Shipping is usually a little more expensive than usual, due to the oversize box...

Ben

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 05, 2018, 04:35:45 PM
Why not just buy from Dave at Roseville?  Looks like the same product as on ebay and Dave is going to be less.  Plus you know he'll stand behind it.   :alan2cents:

Agreed...why people look elsewhere is beyond me :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

There are hole differencesvshown in the Roseville and eBay insulation.  I just now looked at my underhood insulation and it matches the ebay but has no clips installed in the middle and no holes in the hood match the insulation at those three areas .

I circled the three unclipped with no hood holes matching on the attached ebay photo.
I am guessing mine is wrong.
Mine has the raisen bran hood if that makes a difference .

My bet would be that the Roseville one is correct, with the 22 clips going for $8.50 also.

69BFan

The correct molded style hood pads come from two different sources.  REM makes the majority of them and Repops makes them as well.  These pads are not that bad for reproduction pieces in relationship to the originals.  I feel that the pictures as posted for the one site is a stock picture with no particular application.
The only draw back to them is that they are extremely fragile prior to installation.  Once installed, no issues with them.  The real issue is that the reproduction metal clips do not fit well.  There is at least four different manufactures of these clips and they all have their issues.  Try to find good used ones if possible.  The 72 to 74 cars used the plastic style which are much cheaper and work better than the reproduction metal clips.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

MoparDave

It's amazing that the question hasn't been asked for an actual picture of the part. 2 types. molded and non molded. DMT primarily sells the non molded. as mentioned the molded pads are fragile a PITA to ship and the steel clips suck. but nothing perfect with replacements or old NOS parts. @Daveh I have never seen a hood pad used on shakers.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

benlavigne

Quote from: 73440 on December 05, 2018, 07:52:24 PM
There are hole differencesvshown in the Roseville and eBay insulation.  I just now looked at my underhood insulation and it matches the ebay but has no clips installed in the middle and no holes in the hood match the insulation at those three areas .

I circled the three unclipped with no hood holes matching on the attached ebay photo.
I am guessing mine is wrong.
Mine has the raisen bran hood if that makes a difference .

My bet would be that the Roseville one is correct, with the 22 clips going for $8.50 also.

The one I got (REM) had the holes marked, but not completely punched out, so you can open up only the ones that match your application. Probably because it's made for e-bodies and 71-up B bodies, and holes location might be different?

Ben

Mickm

Hi Ben,Thanks for the input. Would you happen to have a picture of it installed?
Thanks,
Mickm

benlavigne

I just received it yesterday, was gonna put it on this weekend...
Sorry Dave, I took advantage of a discount code from Classic Industries...
I'll post pics when I install it!

Ben