Main Menu

Another project I haven't seen before.......

Started by Mickm, December 02, 2018, 06:58:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

Quote from: Mickm on December 03, 2018, 06:50:37 AM
Thanks for all the kind words boys and girls. I haven't gotten it out to see if it aids in making the car run cooler. This car runs cool all the time anyways so I may not be able to tell a difference.

JS29.....Actually, I did say the pattern. If there is interest NuPar Products may offer these.

Cheers!
Mickm
Your steering wheel horn covers are top notch, as well as your customer service. I am sure this cover is also!

Mickm

Thanks JS29 for the kind words. I try to treat all my customers as I would  want to be treated. I am pleased with all the products i have designed to this point, but a bit perplexed as to the lack of interest. I  guess that because I am an engineer and not a marketing guy. lol

Cheers!
Mickm

Claudia

@Mickm if you are planning to make and sell these covers, I would be interested!  :banana:

CudaHead

Cudajason

I really like that!

I had always envisioned making steel or aluminum inserts for that space with some bead rolling or dimple die details, give sort of a race car vibe to it.  Of course I don't have the skills or the tools to do that, but I think it would be a fun project.

Yours brings  more modern vibe to it...very similar to my 2016 charger under the hood!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Mickm

Claudia, CudaHead.....Given you would have interest I would pose a couple questions.
Mine is based on an original latching system but has Vintage AC lines so the buyer would need to cut out for the ac lines (stock or aftermarket) ) if present.
Does this make sense?
One more question. Given I am an engineer and not a marketing guy, what would be a price point you would be seriously interested in. This will tell me if it's feasible to offer. Please be honest and reasonable.

Thanks,
Mickm
NuPar Products

Claudia

@Mickm I have a '71 Cuda but I am not 100% sure that all '70 - '74 Cuda's are 100% the same in this area???  :dunno:  Maybe you know or someone else here could confirm.  If all the same as far as the placement of the hood release / latching components and attaching points of the cover, I would concur that the cover should come just as you have pictured, less the two holes for the AC lines which would need to be added by the purchaser in needed for their application.  As for a price, I have no idea but I would probably ask how much you spend in materials and how many hours of labor you have in making one to try to help and decide on pricing?

HP2

I really like the 90* break to extend up and align with and cover the radiator core support.

dave73

I like it, would the pattern be different for varying challenger vs. cuda and the varying year grills/header panels? I've thought of making one for my 73 challenger, just never really figured out how I'd mount it securely without drilling extra unwanted holes.

Mickm

HP2, p
Please forgive me if I misread your post but mine does have a .125" radius 90° bend that matched with the top of the crossbar. This hides all the wiring I have there.

dave72chally,
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I would feel pretty sure saying the shape of the Challenger area would be different from the Cuda.

If I do decided to offer these and feedback is positive (based on installation in different Cuda's showing a favorable consistency) I would find a Challenger and make one for these as well.

Also, I secured mine with five self tapping #8 screws .375" back of the edge. They are flat black so they look ok for my purpose in the prototype.

The finished products would included two oval offset plastic washers that would fit withing the oval opening in the stock surface so no new screw holes would be required.

As for pricing, I would guess the price would be in the $75 range. Thoughts???

Check back periodically for updates.

Cheers!
Mickm
NuPar Products

Cudajason

Quote from: Mickm on December 06, 2018, 07:44:41 AM
HP2, p
Please forgive me if I misread your post but mine does have a .125" radius 90° bend that matched with the top of the crossbar. This hides all the wiring I have there.

dave72chally,
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I would feel pretty sure saying the shape of the Challenger area would be different from the Cuda.

If I do decided to offer these and feedback is positive (based on installation in different Cuda's showing a favorable consistency) I would find a Challenger and make one for these as well.

Also, I secured mine with five self tapping #8 screws .375" back of the edge. They are flat black so they look ok for my purpose in the prototype.

The finished products would included two oval offset plastic washers that would fit withing the oval opening in the stock surface so no new screw holes would be required.

Cheers!
Mickm
NuPar Products

I think that is a fair price.  I am curious to see how the improved mounting will work. 

How is it is attached to the rad support side?

Also, I assume you could order one with out the hood pin lanyard holes?

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Claudia

@Mickm would the $75.00 price point include shipping in the U.S.?

Can anyone confirm that all '70 - '74 Cuda's are the same in this area where the cover would be?

Claudia

Quote from: Cudajason on December 06, 2018, 08:19:00 AM
Quote from: Mickm on December 06, 2018, 07:44:41 AM
HP2, p

dave72chally,

Cheers!
Mickm
NuPar Products

I think that is a fair price.  I am curious to see how the improved mounting will work. 

How is it is attached to the rad support side?

Also, I assume you could order one with out the hood pin lanyard holes?

Jason

:iagree: I would also like to see some additional up close pictures both pre and post installation.

71-440

That's a nice cover you designed. $75.00 is very reasonable I think.
Nice job! :twothumbsup:
Joe