Main Menu

Are These for Rear Windshield Trim Clips for 70 Challenger?

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 21, 2020, 10:54:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

School me here, guys. I didn't take this car apart. Are the 1/8" holes around the rear windshield channel for trim clips or to hold the glass in place (or both)? I ask because I've replaced the Dutchman and both quarters (all AMD) and the originals had steel patches from prior to my purchasing this project. I can handle precision measuring and drilling but I just need to determine spacing. There are the original holes along the roof skin so I see they sit at 1/4" above plate, it's just spacing I want to get right. All these holes are already there on the front windshield and the front steel is pristine and original. Thanks ahead!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Yes, you might want to get the clips first before drilling the holes. They may vary on the sides and along the bottom as far as height is concerned.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@anlauto would you by chance have a picture of one of the clips? The previous owner was phenomenal about providing bagged original stuff and/or giving me new that he'd bought. Just want to make sure I don't already have some before I order. Then I could check with @Mopar Dave for new ones if needed. Meanwhile I'll start digging for them here.

7E-Bodies

I'll bet these are them. Front and back. He had about twice this many in a zip loc bag. Yes?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies