Main Menu

Best way to clean grill ?

Started by Racer57, May 19, 2020, 06:27:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

What you doing to clean the grill ?  I've tried various products and never have been satisfied.

Edit.. Cuda grill

72 Challenger

I find what makes the biggest difference is not the product but the tool. I use a new, gentle paintbrush to get in there and clean it out. I just use super cheap car wash and a quick detailer. Stole the idea from a car detailing shop.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Mopar5

It depends on what your cooking on it, :)

JS29

headejm

JS29

Dose he have a lot of cookouts!  :Stirring:

318Stroker

Are you trying to clean bugs or BBQ sauce?

Shane Kelley

Quote from: JS29 on May 19, 2020, 12:55:57 PM
Dose he have a lot of cookouts!  :Stirring:
:perfect10:

I use wire wheel cleaner (acid). No scrubbing needed. Needs to be cool in the shade when you use it. I disassembled the grill I did various pieces so i can't be sure if what it will do to painted surfaces if you not restoring it.

headejm

Topcat

1 Wild R/T

Back around 2003-2004 I posted about using wheel acid on a 70 Challenger grill....  I nearly got strung up, coulda been seen to the gallows....   I'd been doing them that way since the early 90's & never had any problems but apparently I didn't know WTH I was talking about.....  :rofl:

Racer57

Sorry, I should have said Cuda grill. I have never been satisfied after cleaning the argent silver.

Topcat

WD 40 is proven to get bug tar loosened.

Soft tooth brush, paint brushes.

Wipe it all off with a lint free rag.

Then fine mist of wax & Grease remover removing WD 40.
wipe again, lint free rag.

Plastics like being rubbed with light wt. oil on them too. 

Shane Kelley

On my 71 Cuda I spray it down with speed wax/quick detailer and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. Then I come back and mist it again and after that I go over all of it with a soft detail brush to loosen everything up and get in all the nook and crannies. Next I wipe everything with a used micro fiber towel that's been through the wash a couple times. Looks like new once I'm done. Takes a lot of time and is a real PITA. Worst part I hate about driving the car and having to deal with that.

blown motor

Quote from: Topcat on May 19, 2020, 08:35:44 PM

Plastics like being rubbed with light wt. oil on them too. 

I used to have a girlfriend like that.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel