Main Menu

Body question

Started by blown motor, March 24, 2023, 08:30:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

This pic is the front of the trunk/back of back seat. The white strip is on a clear plastic sheet that creates a barrier between the trunk and the back seat. Is that stock or added by a PO. I thought there was a particle board type piece there.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

torredcuda

There is a thick carboard piece behind the rear seat back, I don`t think there was anything else so I`m guessing previuos owner added.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Front the factory there was only a "trunk divider panel" it's made from the same material as the glove box liners, sort of the black/grey cardboard about 1/8" thick :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

73_Cuda_4_Me

My 73 has a pre-shaped plastic sheet glued to the framework with black sealant (like dumdum strip) to seal off exhaust fumes from the cabin, as well as the cardboard panel that sits over the rear upright seat hook brackets that Alan mentions. The inside of the doors has the same plastic sheet type pre-cut and black dumdum sealed under the door panel (dust seal?)..
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

blown motor

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on March 25, 2023, 05:51:17 AM
My 73 has a pre-shaped plastic sheet glued to the framework with black sealant (like dumdum strip) to seal off exhaust fumes from the cabin, as well as the cardboard panel that sits over the rear upright seat hook brackets that Alan mentions. The inside of the doors has the same plastic sheet type pre-cut and black dumdum sealed under the door panel (dust seal?)..

Now that you mention it I do recall plastic in the doors when I replaced the door panels six or seven years ago.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Here's an old damaged trunk divider that I've traced out for people who wanted to make their own. Detroit Muscle also sells them for 24 bucks

PLY474

74BS.  Plastic on the sides held in place with white strip caulk.  Panel board behind the seat and no plastic barrier.   Spray glue all over the place. 

anlauto

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on March 25, 2023, 05:51:17 AM

Some earlier owner must have come up with that plastic on the back seat, I don't believe it was ever factory :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration