Main Menu

B body question

Started by Purepony, March 14, 2021, 11:04:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Posted on another forum but it's pretty slow.

Does anyone know what the deal with the Plymouth call out is ?
I've seen a few satellites with them but I think it's something people add on because it seems that from the factory only the super bird came with it no?

I'm thinking about removing it to make the car a little more clean and sleep what are you guys think?

I did a crappy photo shop on my phone to get an idea what do you think ?

SgtSuperbird

I saw your posting on the FBBO... But, I'll give my opinion here: if it were my vehicle, which it isn't, I'd get rid of them. They only belong on Superbirds. I think a white pinstripe near the top of the body panels would be more fitting for that car, or even a '70 GTX-type stripe. (See attached picture.)

As for the shadow possibly left after you would remove them, that's probably going to happen, however I don't know much about that.

anlauto

Yea, as was said in your other purchase thread...People likely added them because of the Superbird. My opinion, your car looks way better without them and would likely sell easier without. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SgtSuperbird

(and don't change out those wheels!) ...my opinion

anlauto

........and it's crooked  ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

DrEamer

I would take the sticker off, much cleaner without it . I did a quick photoshop effort for you to look at to see what you think. I can delete it if you did not want me to do it.

SgtSuperbird

anlauto: I thought the decal was crooked, too.

anlauto

WOW Dr.Eamer has some serious photoshop skills  :worship:  That looks awesome  :drinkingbud:

No brainer in my opinion 8)

tparker

Not sure if it was stock or not, but I dig the decal. I would leave it.

RUNCHARGER

Keep the wheels, lose the stickers.
Sheldon

HP2

Wasn't factory but it was a popular addition. Petty did it for years and then the factory did it for the Superbird. I recall seeing dozens of these installed on various Dodge and Plymouths in the '70s when I was a kid.  Once restored values got stupid in the mid 80s, most of them were removed and put back to original without the large call outs.

Here is my Dad's '68 Road Runner in the summer of 1969 at the High Altitude Nationals in stock class trim.

Purepony

Whoa !!! That's some awesome work !!!

Thanks for the visual

Hmm i like it

cudamadd

Nice car and wheels look great . I would take off the decal it takes to much away from the body style  :australia:

Purepony

Might give in and clone a gtx  :Thud: