Main Menu

Challenger AMD trunk lid body line?

Started by Katfish, November 08, 2018, 02:02:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

Is the center line on the trunk the same for all year Challengers?
Just pulled this AMD deck lid out of the box and noticed the body line is much larger and squared off compared to the original.

My main concern is the spoiler might not lay flat.  And I won't know that until the holes are drilled to mount the spoiler and then it's too late.

MoparDave

It may be just a visual thing black vs the J5 color. I would try to lay the spoiler on the deck and see before jumping to conclusions. I've never had this issue with any of the challenger decklid from AMD or Goodmark.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Katfish

Maybe, but there's absolutely no doubt the AMD body line is flat compared to the rounded original.
I'll take some measurements.

Don't see a way to lay the spoiler on the lid without the mounting holes drilled.

MoparDave

once its drilled or mounted AMD likely wont assist. i'll make a call to AMD.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

I've used several Challenger trunk lids from AMD....never had an issue, but I've never installed a T/A spoiler either. Can't you remove the mounting studs from the spoiler for a trial fit ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

First 3 are an original 1970 T/A deck lid in bare metal, then in epoxy and the last 2 photos is in paint.

MoparDave

Rod.  I spoke to AMD and they said that there was 2 versions of the deck lid in 70. They opted to make the bold or larger as you say version. So at this point you may have to work the bottom of the spoiler to accept the larger rib.

Katfish

Appreciate the replies, good to know there is actually a difference.

Cody, any chance you have measurements for the spoiler holes in the lid?

1 Wild R/T

RUNCHARGER

I have an AMD flat hood for a Cuda and it's center character line is totally wrong too.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 08, 2018, 07:28:15 PM
I have an AMD flat hood for a Cuda and it's center character line is totally wrong too.

I have an original 70 flat hood for a Barracuda you can have if you want to come and get it !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Nope: I ended up with this one when they sent us 3 boogered up ones. I plan on cutting it apart to repair it and then maybe do something interesting to it before welding it back together. Amazing that they try sending a hood 3 times and they all come in wrecked but in perfect, undamaged boxes.
Sheldon

JS29

Amazing that they try sending a hood 3 times and they all come in wrecked but in perfect, undamaged boxes.
[/quote] I hear you there! But it;s not just them, OEM does it as well. One time I waited a month fore a door skin for a swing out door equip t chevy van. perfect box, the skin was so bad I ended up fixing the original door.  :pullinghair:

Daveh

I bought an AMD deck lid and just installed a T/A spoiler with no issues.  The only issue I had was I need to put a shim on the deck hinge to skoot it over a tad.  But overall I'm happy with it.  Good luck.