Main Menu

cuda full rear quarter panel body line questions

Started by 72restocuda, January 22, 2024, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72restocuda

I'm in the process of hanging my new AMD passenger side rear quarter panel.  The body lines from the door jamb to a midpoint over the rear wheel well is pretty straight using a laser level, +/- 1/8 of an inch, but from the wheel well to the rear drops down 3/4 of an inch.  So I took the panel off and hung it over a chair and got the same result.  The laser is self leveling so no matter how I hang it if I get 2 points that line up the 3rd point should also line up.  I haven't gotten my driver side new AMD panel out of storage to check it and I cut up my old one ad threw it away along time ago.  I don't seem to recall that body line shape dropping off so much, or at all, I will post a pic of me and the panel tonight but I figured I would just throw this out there, thanks
-Steve

72restocuda

Here are pics of the laser level on the quarter panel - its close to level between the door jamb and mid wheelhouse but the rear part of the panel body line sits nearly 3/4" lower, no amount of elevating the rear changes this, any thoughts