Main Menu

Current GO MANGO Paint Code

Started by kent_goins, August 07, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

I recently incorrectly posted that I was looking for the current paint code for Vitamin C. I meant to say GO MANGO! This is the current code I have for GO MANGO: DAR2201T. I am told this color mix is doable in 2 stage base coat/clear coat. Does anyone out there know if it can be had in single stage paint such as PPG single stage urethane or other?

My paint guy says it can't. Can anyone refute that? Please let me know.

KG

anlauto

Not to throw you a curve ball, but Vitamin C and Go-Mango are the same colour, same paint code. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

I painted my 1972 CB450 in Go Mango about a couple years ago. Looks rad. Maybe I'll post it sometime! It's a wonderful shade for white accents. Black accents don't really work as well for it.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

JS29

I will check it out, EV2 is the paint code correct? I will make A call or two and get a hold of A PPG paint rep tomorrow. You are looking for single stage.

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on August 07, 2018, 02:41:57 PM
I will check it out, EV2 is the paint code correct? I will make A call or two and get a hold of A PPG paint rep tomorrow. You are looking for single stage.

NO...EV2 is Hemi orange....EK2 is the one you want.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

This is EK2.
Sheldon

JS29

:-[  Glad I asked!! thanks for that information. :cheers:

70/6chall

I have always believed EK2 GoMango in Dodge and Vitamin C in Plymouth. My Dodge has always been EK2 GoMango, and has never been another color in its existence. This is it's 3rd paint job. 
Thanks,   Al

JS29

Bad news, PPG discontinued DAR acrylic enamel in January 2016 and no longer has A single stage formula for EK2. Exalta ( formerly Dupont) only has Nason single stage. At this stage of the game I recommend base/clear. scuffing the whole car, touching up what needs to be fixed, giving the spots enough color to bring it up to full coverage. then give the rest A coat or two, then clear coat the whole car with A good hi solids clear. I personally think two stage is better, less fading. easier to touch up and repair later in the event of A chip, scratch, or ding.    :alan2cents:  Mark.       

kent_goins

Thanks everyone for your responses and I have a few of my own...

ANLAUTO: you are correct, Go Mango and Vitamin C are essentially the same with one being Dodge code designation and the other Plymouth.

JS29: You are also correct that PPG discontinued that pigment of Single Stage. I might refute that single stage is not as good as 2 stage however. I have had long discussions and arguments about the merits of single stage versus 2 stage paints with auto body guys... It always comes down to the same thing. Single stage is easier and faster and can hide mistakes in the color. This is great for body shops because they want to turn and burn. Single stage has one major point going for it in that it has good depth and dimension with a few layers of clear...very pretty.

Yes, I know, the new UV resistant clears will help protect from fading and separation from the color base...However, I chose the single stage enamel not just for ties to originality, but for long term maintenance....no clear to burn through if buffing out scratches and all that entails. Additionally, I simply do not trust base clear to not separate down the road. When you shoot color, it dries quick and you have to wonder if the clear can really stick that well...anyway...just my thoughts on the whole thing.

All that said, I think I found a source for the single stage: I was led by another paint company to TCP GLOBAL in San Diego who said they have the largest source of paint formulas in the US. They said they could make the single stage go mango in Urethane or Enamel!!!! But it aint cheap! Total cost per gallon including reducer, etc...is around 350.00 delivered per gallon.