Main Menu

Cuda side maker lights question

Started by ClarkWGrizwald, August 09, 2019, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ClarkWGrizwald

Do the 70 cuda side markers directly fit into a 74 cuda?  The 74 has a surface mount 1 piece design and the 70 I think has a boarder around it and lens recessed.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

anlauto

You're exactly right, you would have to have a recessed area for the 70-71 lights to sit flush, so not really a direct fit.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ClarkWGrizwald

I have not pulled the assembly out to see if it was just much thicker and just  filled in the recess and overlapped the lip. Wishful thinking...
The 70 just has the sleeker design I'd prefer.

Claudia

As mentioned, they are not a direct fit.  '70 - '71 fenders have a solid cut out in the fender to receive the side markers while the '72 and later years have stamped holes to receive the side markers.  '70 - '71 side markers are longer and also in a different physical location on the fender (lower) than the later years.

ClarkWGrizwald

I appreciate the help. I have 1 chipped lens I was gonna replace and got ta thinking about a lower profile set up. 
I'll have to come up with a different solution there.

Thanks again!!

anlauto

Excellent side by side reference photos there Claudia  :worship: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

floorit426

FYI, I had a '92 Dodge 2500 truck, that had the exact assembly, as my son's '73 Challenger. They're pretty generic.