Main Menu

Hole in fender

Started by Rich G., April 04, 2019, 07:48:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Working on a 73 Cuda I didn't take apart. There is a 3/16 hole in the lower front corner on both front fenders. I don't recall seeing that on any other Cuda. Does it belong there and am I missing something else?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

How does the 73 and 74 bumper filler attach on a Cuda?  Does it just attach to the grill?  My 73 Challenger has two holes in the fenders where the bumper filler mounts.

Rich G.

Thanks. Another hole to weld up. Maybe that's where they mounted the curb feelers!

nsmall

@Rich G.

I have a 1973 cuda and I believe I know what your hole is.

Answer.... Rocker molding trim.  It's mainly held by rivets and clips but on the end there is a screw that has to go through the lower fender.

I could be wrong.

not sure what direction you're heading with your car but I think the trim is a nice touch to break up the car if you're not doing decals or anyting.

Rich G.

My picture is a little confusing but the hole I was talking about is in the front part of the fender not the end by the door where the rocker moulding goes.

dave73

Maybe it had a chin spoiler? Just throwing an idea out there, not sure how they mount but seem like they'd be right in that location.