Main Menu

Factory Undercoating

Started by headejm, June 27, 2018, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Anyone have any good reference photos or other reference material showing placement of the factory undercoating? I've looked around and can't really find anything.  :notsure:

kawahonda

My 1970 Challenger A66 has undercoating. I cannot tell you if it's factory or not. But I can certainly help describe and take pics.

Basically, the front/rear floor pans, wheel wells, and the brake lines and fuel tank is undercoated on mine. Dropping the fuel tank shows no under coating beneath trunk. There is no undercoating on rear differential. There is undercoating in all wheel wells. Suspension parts do not have undercoating.

It seems like it could be stock. But it's hard to know. I can tell you that knocking off the undercoating (on accident) with my pressure washer lead to ZERO rust behind it. Either shiny metal, or original paint was present. I can online assume that the undercoating on the car was done very early on, so it's possibly factory.

Maybe, maybe not. Hope this helps.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

anlauto

Here's the front wheel wells...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration