Main Menu

Fastener Suppliers For Body Panels

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, May 16, 2023, 01:59:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Hi All, going to pull the front clip off this weekend and and start fitting up the new parts..... what is the best source to buy the correct fasteners (fenders, hood latch, hinges etc.)?  I have the fastener guide, just not sure where to source them...

Thanks
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Floyd

The most accurate/highest quality stuff I've found is from AMK Fasteners. 

https://www.amkproducts.com/

R/T Specialties has kits too, but In my experience some of the fasteners haven't been as accurate or as high quality as AMK's

JS29

R/T specialties, Detroit muscle technologies.  Roseville mopar parts.   :alan2cents:

70_440-6Cuda

Thanks!  I looked at AMK, but was looking for kits, did not use the bulk fastener button; figured they would have kits together for that...
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

69BFan

The AMK product line is the best that you will be able to locate if your looking for OEM assembly line correct hardware.  Some of the pieces that they offer are in fact true assembly line pieces that they have bought up and stored through the years.  Some of the more popular pieces, they have reproduced.  Unfortunately, some of the more obscure hardware that they used to offer is no longer available, so for those pieces, it is hunting down good original pieces.

The engine and chassis master kits that they offer are very much worth the money vs the generic hardware sourced through the local hardware or parts store.  I know that we have good luck with the engine kits once the customer sees what all they include and how they are labeled. 

Items like fender bolts with the markings can be found under the bulk section.  It will also give you dimensions and pricing.  There hard back catalog which is no longer in publication identified the Mopar specific hardware with the Pentastar symbol and the original part number which was a big help.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.