Main Menu

Glass Installation and Adjustment --- Uggh --- SOLUTION!!

Started by chaps70rt, August 02, 2021, 06:03:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

How to Install and Adjust Glass?

glass install
0 (0%)
glass adjustment
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

chaps70rt

As most of you can attest to, the installation of glass in a e-body can be very frustrating and time consuming.

This AM, I cam across the build of a 70 Challenger Resto-Mod on YouTube where they discuss and show the installation of new glass and the
adjustment of the same.   They mention the awkward steps and parts needed to get everything just right.   I wish I had seen this a couple of years back.

Here is the link to the video by POWERNATION.

See 2:15 to 2:23 for glass install and adjustment ........ well worth the 8 minutes of time to understand how it needs to be assembled and adjusted if you are having issues like I did and many others from all the posts I have read previously.   Of course the rest of the video has some other topics that also invaluable.  Enjoy!!

Hope this helps a few of you who are fighting your way through this critical step!!   :canada:

70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

anlauto

Interesting, I know there's more then one way to skin a cat, but for myself...I certainly wouldn't follow their directions for installation, and I really would like to see how the quarter glass was installed with that bottom block bolted to the glass first  :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration