Main Menu

Door glass adjustment question

Started by usraptor, June 25, 2017, 12:19:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

Okay I'm confused.   :D  I know what else is new?   :o  Anyway, as shown in the attached pics. No 2 says to loosen the screw at the upper end of the track and No. 4 says to secure.  Got it.

No. 5 says to "loosen bottom screws on the front track lower support" and No. 7 says to secure them.  Got it.

No. 9 says to "secure front track lower support screws." 

First question, didn't we do No. 9 in step No 7?  And if not what screw are we supposed to tighten in No. 9?

Second question.  Do you ever loosen then tighten the screw at the bottom of the front track where it connects to the lower support bracket.  (circled in red)  (I first I thought No. 9 was referring to this screw until I re-read it and it said screws, plural, and it also it never said to loosen it.)

HP_Cuda

First question, didn't we do No. 9 in step No 7?  And if not what screw are we supposed to tighten in No. 9?

The bolts are the ones that are at the bottom of the door, if you opened the door and looked underneath. When adjusting the window you will leave these loose until you have them where you want them. Note that both the fronts and rears should be loose when adjusting the window. (Numbers 5-8)

You could also adjust up and down by number 10.

Second question.  Do you ever loosen then tighten the screw at the bottom of the front track where it connects to the lower support bracket.  (circled in red)  (I first I thought No. 9 was referring to this screw until I re-read it and it said screws, plural, and it also it never said to loosen it.)

No! This secures the track the the lower piece which is the one which allows adjustment which I mentioned above.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

usraptor

Quote from: HP_Cuda on June 25, 2017, 12:40:40 PM

The bolts are the ones that are at the bottom of the door, if you opened the door and looked underneath. When adjusting the window you will leave these loose until you have them where you want them. Note that both the fronts and rears should be loose when adjusting the window. (Numbers 5-8)

I understand that the bolts are underneath the door.  It just says that No. 7 says to tighten them and then No. 9 says to tighten them again. ???

anlauto

Maybe it's supposed to say rear track ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Wish I could be more help, but I just do it without looking at the directions.  Guess after you do a few I just figure it out.  I will say that each direction of the window (up, down, in and out) has an adjustment.  Once you get it where it's working and sealing good, go around and make sure all the screws, nuts and bolts are tight.   :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 25, 2017, 03:11:42 PM
Wish I could be more help, but I just do it without looking at the directions.  Guess after you do a few I just figure it out.  I will say that each direction of the window (up, down, in and out) has an adjustment.  Once you get it where it's working and sealing good, go around and make sure all the screws, nuts and bolts are tight.   :alan2cents:

Exactly, never read the book...  Reading is for the Sunday funnies...

usraptor

Quote from: anlauto on June 25, 2017, 01:20:38 PM
Maybe it's supposed to say rear track ?

That makes sense Alan, however, each number instruction corresponds with the Number on the diagram and No. 9 points to the front track.  ???
Anyway, thanks everybody for the help.  I'll just keep playing with it.   I like Cody's suggestion.