Main Menu

Quarter Glass Bolt Adjustment E-Body

Started by VCODE, November 04, 2019, 01:25:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

A question about a 1970 Challenger rear quarter glass bolt. The short bolt that has the washer and spring on it that attaches to the middle sliding guide. I assume that bolt is for some sort of adjustment. How snug do you make it and what adjustment does it receive. 
Thanks Bob

anlauto

You tighten it until it bottoms out.

The purpose of the spring is to allow in-out movement if it's needed as it moves on the track. If it was solid it wouldn't move as freely on the track.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on November 04, 2019, 02:25:02 PM

The purpose of the spring is to allow in-out movement if it's needed as it moves on the track. If it was solid it wouldn't move as freely on the track.

Thanks Alan, but if I bottom it out the spring is completely collapsed and then no movement. I see what you are saying it should stop at the shoulder and the spring would be free. I need to look again I may have something wrong. Bob

VCODE

Quote from: VCODE on November 04, 2019, 02:38:32 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 04, 2019, 02:25:02 PM

Thanks Alan, but if I bottom it out the spring is completely collapsed and then no movement. I see what you are saying it should stop at the shoulder and the spring would be free. I need to look again I may have something wrong. Bob

Ok, I checked it again. It is right with the bolt tight. Just was over thinking it.
Thanks Bob

anlauto

.....No thinking in my classroom.....  :haha: :haha: :haha:

Classic Robert Munch...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration