Main Menu

Chrome Plating Bumpers—cost?

Started by R/T's 4 R/P, May 25, 2021, 05:20:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

R/T's 4 R/P

What are you seeing for the cost to re-chrome bumpers and bumper guards? Specifically for a 1970 Challenger.
I was quoted an outrageous price from Northstar/ Keystone. Maybe they just want out of the business.
All in would be cabout $4000! :crying: :crying:
Or maybe all plating is getting extremely expensive.
I would prefer replating originals.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

cudamadd

Just got mine done two weeks back here in Australia and we pay roughly the same price $700 each to $1200 each just depends on what type of quality you want .

anlauto

They are around $1200 each here in Ontario, but that was awhile ago....likely more now :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Marty

I paid $260 a piece for the front and rear bumpers on my 1969 Camaro here in Tulsa. They look great. The Barracudas were re-chromed by the prior owner and they don't compare to the ones on the Camaro. Those prices posted are  :o

Bills Auto Works

I highly recommend Chip @ Tri-City Plating in Elizabethton, Tn. (423)542-6532.  He has a great reputation & is very easy do deal with.

He has done 7 or 8 bumpers for me over the last 2 years & all look great! Price wise $700 - $1000 depending on the vehicle & how much work goes into prepping them.

Give him a call.

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

JH27N0B

I had someone I know who does trim restoration and gets things plated get a Challenger front bumper (no guards) rechromed for me around 3 years ago and it costed $450.
Recently when I saw him he said it was lucky I had it done when I did, as the price is $850 now.
I think he sends them to Keystone.  So the price has about doubled.

Rdchallenger

Yikes! Better off just buying new bumpers instead unless you're going for a concourse resto.

Mrbill426

No doubt  :unbelievable:

Quote from: Rdchallenger on May 26, 2021, 04:58:06 AM
Yikes! Better off just buying new bumpers instead unless you're going for a concourse resto.