Main Menu

Grill, filler, and bumper istallation tips?

Started by Mrbill426, July 05, 2023, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

I Should be getting the fenders and header panel installed soon and I am looking for the best (and "safest" for the parts) sequence to install the grill, filler, and bumper once the headlamp buckets are in.  Am I correct that the sequence is grill first, then filler, then bumper followed by the front valance last?
Any tips to getting things lined up correctly?
Car is a '72 Cuda.

Thanks!
:wrenching:

Mrbill426

Rich G.

You're correct on the installation. Not really much to align in the front grill.  Check your fender alignment with the hood on.  Header panel bolts to the fender and grill can really go in one place. Filler piece bolts to the bottom of the grill if it didn't shrink to much.

anlauto

I usually assemble the grill completely on the bench with the filler, the headlight buckets etc...Also completely assemble the bumper with brackets, license plate brkt., etc...lower valance, etc...
Once the rad support is blacked out, I add the headlights, wiring etc...then the grill assembly, bumper assembly and lower valance assembly.

I'm big on sub-assemblies done on the bench. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

I don't recall, so it must be pretty straight forward. I recall fiddling a bit with the headlight buckets and lamps. Nothing major. I also recall dropping a screw in the valance and "loosing" it up there for a while.

Mrbill426